PDA

View Full Version : Best Ways To Push Out A Business Digitally?

aloycwl
05-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Hi guys, I just joined this forum and would like to tap of the experts' opinion here. How do I push out my online platform digitally and cost effectively?

1. I have a online referral website works in an affliate way, when I share with people one-to-one they are very receptive to this idea.

2. I even conducted weekly training now how to get more traction for my business but not a lot of people turn up.

3. The online growth rate also slowed down, even though it is free and they can override but the member growth rate is very slow.

Any idea how can I boost up my platform? :p

vangogh
05-05-2015, 03:01 AM
I have a few questions. What is your business? What is your platform and what does it do? Why would would someone want to use it? What will it to do for them?

It sounds like your goal is to get people to sign up for a free trial. Do you require they give you a credit card number to get that free trial?

How long have you been in business? How long has the site been live?

What have you done to attract people to the site? Are you promoting your weekly training?

HooktoWin
05-12-2015, 02:08 AM
Hi aloycwl,

I'm not sure where you're at in the marketing/launch process. You'll need a few things in place to get the results you're looking for so I'll cover that first.

1. A website/system that will turn prospects in to customers successfully.
A lot of marketers feel they're "ready" but one look at their website/marketing tells you they're not. What's worse, most prospects know it and won't tell them (for fear of offending).

2. You'll need website traffic and leverage from "qualified sources."
You'll need to decide if your circumstance requires that you go after "free traffic" or "paid traffic." Free traffic takes time to work, and more time to see results, but it's free and it tends to be long(er) lasting. Paid traffic on the other hand is immediate, but it's easy to spend (waste) a lot of money very quickly. The obvious downside to paid traffic is the fact that it stops flowing when you stop spending. Using a combination of both works but it requires a larger time investment overall, and isn't always worth it.

Okay, so now that that's out of the way...

Paid traffic gives you leverage, initially. Facebook, Google ads, etc. gives you the ability to contact customers without being involved with each one personally. But you'll still need leverage once they arrive on site (e.g. email subscribe, like us, follow us, etc.). Even worse, the vast majority of people who show up the first time (75%) aren't going to buy anything. So if they're not ready and you don't have a way to stay in touch, they're gone. Most will probably never visit again.

Same thing with free traffic. Only with free traffic you need more leverage. So there are lots of methods you can use to generate the kind of traffic/response you're looking for. I'll share two (I'm making the assumption here that your offer is compelling and that you have each of the 9 ingredients customers need to buy).

Method #1. Sell via Strategic Relationships.

Step 1: You identify your ideal customer. The one that's most profitable for you.
Step 2: You create a list of complementary sources. These are sources that serve the same customers you do but in a different, yet complementary way. (e.g. if you're a realtor, the mortgage broker, home inspector and attorney are complementary).
Step 3: You talk to the sources you've found and you find their biggest sales/marketing problems. You solve those problems for free, in exchange for access to their customers. Could be in the form of a special offer, could be you getting their customers to buy more of your source's stuff, could be you selling to their customers and splitting the proceeds.
Step 4: Repeat with new sources and scale using education and marketing materials. You'll need to be able to create leverage. Dealing with people one-on-one is a great recipe for burnout. I'd recommend against it.

That's one method to generate a lot of free traffic, leads and sales.

Method #2. Use Education to Sell.

Step 1: You identify your ideal customer. The one that's most profitable for you.
Step 2: You create a large master list of keywords. Terms they'd use in the buying cycle (research, compare, buy, etc.)
Step 3: Create digital tripwires using tools like Google Alerts, IFTTT, or Aggregators.
Step 4: Enter your keywords into the tool you selected in step 3.
Step 5: Post helpful, high value content wherever you can when you receive a notification that your keyword has been used (e.g. you post a response in Quora when someone asks a question using your keywords).
Step 6: Where appropriate, post an offer or download that's available on your site. Send that content (and regular content afterwards) to the email they entered. Add sales emails into the mix once you have a relationship.

A little long winded but hopefully this is enough to get you started. Let me know if you need any additional help.

Andrew

aloycwl
05-12-2015, 02:30 AM
I am running a online crowding sourcing business that source leads and referrals for business owners. People want to use it because they get paid if the referral goes through.

1. No credit card is needed, everyone scared of credit card fraud. Our system only pay the member and does not require from the member

2. For this business and site is since last year December

3. Mainly through members introducing other members. Yes tried to promote but not too effectively, maybe i have not spend much on promoting the training.

I have a few questions. What is your business? What is your platform and what does it do? Why would would someone want to use it? What will it to do for them?

It sounds like your goal is to get people to sign up for a free trial. Do you require they give you a credit card number to get that free trial?

How long have you been in business? How long has the site been live?

What have you done to attract people to the site? Are you promoting your weekly training?

aloycwl
05-12-2015, 02:35 AM
Wow, thanks for the long and insightful post!

This is always the biggest dilemma between paying for traffic and building up good content in my website. Lets say I have 100 bucks and I can only use it to spend on traffic or website. I use it for traffic, people visit our website and see it suck then they leave. I use it for website, people will never get to know about it because I didn't got the chance to spend on my marketing.

I tried spiral model approach, building both together and trying to grow them gradually but it don't give people a sense of satisfaction - they wanna see something complete. Is there any ways for me to explore a better source of marketing strategy or even business strategy in my case?

Hi aloycwl,

I'm not sure where you're at in the marketing/launch process. You'll need a few things in place to get the results you're looking for so I'll cover that first.

1. A website/system that will turn prospects in to customers successfully.
A lot of marketers feel they're "ready" but one look at their website/marketing tells you they're not. What's worse, most prospects know it and won't tell them (for fear of offending).

2. You'll need website traffic and leverage from "qualified sources."
You'll need to decide if your circumstance requires that you go after "free traffic" or "paid traffic." Free traffic takes time to work, and more time to see results, but it's free and it tends to be long(er) lasting. Paid traffic on the other hand is immediate, but it's easy to spend (waste) a lot of money very quickly. The obvious downside to paid traffic is the fact that it stops flowing when you stop spending. Using a combination of both works but it requires a larger time investment overall, and isn't always worth it.

Okay, so now that that's out of the way...

Paid traffic gives you leverage, initially. Facebook, Google ads, etc. gives you the ability to contact customers without being involved with each one personally. But you'll still need leverage once they arrive on site (e.g. email subscribe, like us, follow us, etc.). Even worse, the vast majority of people who show up the first time (75%) aren't going to buy anything. So if they're not ready and you don't have a way to stay in touch, they're gone. Most will probably never visit again.

Same thing with free traffic. Only with free traffic you need more leverage. So there are lots of methods you can use to generate the kind of traffic/response you're looking for. I'll share two (I'm making the assumption here that your offer is compelling and that you have each of the 9 ingredients customers need to buy).

Method #1. Sell via Strategic Relationships.

Step 2: You create a list of complementary sources. These are sources that serve the same customers you do but in a different, yet complementary way. (e.g. if you're a realtor, the mortgage broker, home inspector and attorney are complementary).
Step 3: You talk to the sources you've found and you find their biggest sales/marketing problems. You solve those problems for free, in exchange for access to their customers. Could be in the form of a special offer, could be you getting their customers to buy more of your source's stuff, could be you selling to their customers and splitting the proceeds.
Step 4: Repeat with new sources and scale using education and marketing materials. You'll need to be able to create leverage. Dealing with people one-on-one is a great recipe for burnout. I'd recommend against it.

That's one method to generate a lot of free traffic, leads and sales.

Method #2. Use Education to Sell.

Step 2: You create a large master list of keywords. Terms they'd use in the buying cycle (research, compare, buy, etc.)
Step 3: Create digital tripwires using tools like Google Alerts, IFTTT, or Aggregators.
Step 4: Enter your keywords into the tool you selected in step 3.
Step 5: Post helpful, high value content wherever you can when you receive a notification that your keyword has been used (e.g. you post a response in Quora when someone asks a question using your keywords).
Step 6: Where appropriate, post an offer or download that's available on your site. Send that content (and regular content afterwards) to the email they entered. Add sales emails into the mix once you have a relationship.

A little long winded but hopefully this is enough to get you started. Let me know if you need any additional help.

Andrew