PDA

View Full Version : Filing for an LLC in NY

MrsP614
05-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone! I'm about to file articles of organization for my llc in NY. I was recommended to use Blumberg but I know there are other sites like legal zoom and IncFile What does everyone suggest? I also am not sure about a registered agent, do you suggest using the same company for that as well? I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible but of course I want it done right. Also, publications here in NY (Staten Island)- Does anyone know how much that comes to? Thanks in advance!

turboguy
05-16-2015, 09:50 PM
You could likely do it yourself without using anything. Check out your states website. I have never done it in NY but have in PA. It is just fill out a form, pay the fee and run a couple of ads. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. If you are located in NY I doubt that you need a registered agent.

Owen
05-17-2015, 09:01 PM
A registered agent is great for those without much business knowledge, especially small business owners. A registered agent will handle questions regarding your business and other legal issues, you can google it for more info.