PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone from me, Louise!

LouiseToronies
06-01-2015, 05:21 AM
Hi everyone ok here it goes well my name is Louise and I am 20 years old and I have just arrived here from Toronto in Canada and I am now living in England. We came for my fathers work (he was actually born in England so no problems living here!). I have also managed to get a place studying Marketing for the next 3 years so this is kind of neat and exciting but I am also freaking out lol!!!!!!
When I say I just arrived I mean yesterday and omg I am very jet lagged and out of it and I feel like I have been awake like forever!
Anyway so I have joined here as I really want to become my own boss one day (I know I am young right now and still lots to learn) and I want to get lots of tips on how and what to do in Business.
I also have a chunk of money left from my grandparents and I want to invest in something and I guess my first question is is it best to invest in an already ongoing business or to start up my own? I am still not sure what to do but I love fashion and makeup and have a bunch of clips advertising different products but I don't want to do what everyone else does and just put them on youtube but I don't really know what to do as I am totally confused right now as to my next step!
Please find my photo this is my please please please help me face lol joking but really any ideas or help would be awesome. Thanks, Louise xx649

vangogh
06-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Louise. Being young is not a bad thing. It means you have more time to learn the things we all had and have to learn. I wouldn't invest money in a business until you have a better idea what it means to run a business. You can start something low cost or work for a company in the fashion industry to learn more about it. What are your long range goals in the fashion industry?

Again welcome to the forum. Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

LouiseToronies
06-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Hi and thank you vangogh! I don't have a long term goal right now that is what I am working on and I hope the Marketing degree will help me out with that. I would love to be in the fashion industry but I would also like to be my own boss one day it is just a dream I have always had. I also have some money to invest right now so really want to know what to do with it as I don't want it to just sit there. I am totally confused and jet lagged right now though lol so need help!!! Thanks, Louise x

David Hunter
06-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the forum, Lousie!

Take a chill-pill and go nap. ha

LouiseToronies
06-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Hi David lol I know I am sooooo jet lagged but can't sleep!!! And thank you! x

CCAdamson
06-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the forum Louise. As far as investing your money is concerned, I wouldn't recommend putting in to a business until you have discovered what it is your want to do. That said you have two other options you can put it in the bank or you can invest it in something like mutual funds. At least if it is invested you'll be making some money on it and in 4-5 years (at least 5 years if you want a decent return on the money) you'll have some more money to put into your own business.

LouiseToronies
06-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Hi thank you for this I definitely want to invest it as I don't want to waste it and can keep it untouched for 5 years easily! So mutual funds then what exactly are they? Regards the bank the interest is soooo bad I may as well put my money down my shirt and it will grow more! Any help will be greatly appreciated. Louise x