PDA

View Full Version : Can being a male effect my clientele?

Resendesjoshua
06-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Hello
I would like to open a cleaning & errand service all in one. I feel that because I am a male it may effect who I can get as far as clients. Maybe they feel more comfortable with a women cleaning. I wanted to focus my errand service toward seniors. I feel as if seniors would feel more comfortable talking to a women. What's your opinion?

Freelancier
06-06-2015, 03:31 PM
My home cleaning people are a male/female team, he owns the company. I have no problem with it and find there's time's he's more into making sure stuff is cleaned than she is.

Harold Mansfield
06-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Hello
I would like to open a cleaning & errand service all in one. I feel that because I am a male it may effect who I can get as far as clients. Maybe they feel more comfortable with a women cleaning. I wanted to focus my errand service toward seniors. I feel as if seniors would feel more comfortable talking to a women. What's your opinion?

Maybe for some, but that shouldn't stop you from doing it.

There's always going to be people who would rather do business with a certain kind of person than another. Man, Woman, Black, White, Young, Old, What college you went to, and so on. That's the world and that's life. As long as you are the best that you can be, offer a great service/product at a fair price, and above all are professional you'll attract the kind of people who only care about that.

If down the road you think adding a woman for diversity would be helpful, do it.

If you were providing home care or nursing services for seniors, then I'd say that there will probably be some senior women who'd rather have a female health care worker for all kinds of understandable reasons.

Resendesjoshua
06-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Maybe for some, but that shouldn't stop you from doing it.

There's always going to be people who would rather do business with a certain kind of person than another. Man, Woman, Black, White, Young, Old, What college you went to, and so on. That's the world and that's life. As long as you are the best that you can be, offer a great service/product at a fair price, and above all are professional you'll attract the kind of people who only care about that.

If down the road you think adding a woman for diversity would be helpful, do it.

If you were providing home care of nursing services for seniors, then I'd say that there will probably be some senior women who'd rather have a female health care worker for all kinds of understandable reasons.

thank you for your input! i see where your coming from and it makes sense