PDA

View Full Version : How to price e-zine ads?

Arabella
06-07-2015, 10:10 PM
If I have an e-zine with 10,000 subscribers, how much should I price full page, half-page, and quarter-page ads for? Thank you. My niche is beauty and makeup.

Harold Mansfield
06-08-2015, 10:09 AM
If I have an e-zine with 10,000 subscribers, how much should I price full page, half-page, and quarter-page ads for? Thank you. My niche is beauty and makeup.

Lot of variables. Ad prices are generally based on not just traffic but demographic. What are others in your industry charging? That's a good place to start.
If I were an advertiser I'd be asking questions like:

What's your daily traffic numbers? Page views?
What's the demographic of your readers?
Is it available on all mobile devices?

You should investigate what others are charging in your niche, and what advertisers are paying and what they're paying for.

Subscribers only matter if your allowing advertisers access to them via a mailing list.
Other wise, if you're only selling ads on site then actual traffic determines rates. Not subscribers.
And advertisers want details. Not just arbitrary numbers and general estimates.

You also need to determine what kind of ad model you're selling.

CPM, which is cost per 1000 ad displays. This is the most common and the one that pays the least on low traffic sites.
PPC, Pay Per Click
CPA, Cost Per Action.

No one can answer that question with such limited information, and even with more information this is still something that you'll need to investigate based on your industry.

A good place to start is to investigate ad programs and platforms like Google Adsense and the hundred others to see what they pay based on your level of traffic and demographic.