PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from China

KKVentures
06-14-2015, 02:30 AM
In a couple months, I will be shipping a large quantity (one product, but about 1,000 units) from China to the U.S. I have done a bit of research on shipping options but thought I'd check in here to see if there are others importing from China.

My product is relatively heavy - about one lb/unit. So the shipment will be over 1,000 lbs. I am wondering if anyone has tips for what courier to use that they have found reliable and inexpensive (relatively speaking, of course. This will not be cheap).

I will not be in a huge hurry to get the products, so the method of shipment will not be an issue. Sea freight should be fine.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

turboguy
06-14-2015, 07:13 AM
I don't have any ideas you probably haven't thought of. The cheapest options are to have them crate it and ship as deck freight. You might check with your supplier and it might be possible if they have a larger shipment going to the USA with some free space that they could stick it in a 40 foot container going to someone else and have it reshipped once it gets into the USA. Air freight might be another option even though you are not in a hurry. It might not be all that much more than deck freight.

I would suggest talking to your supplier and also you are going to need a customs broker/International freight forwarder who would have a lot of knowledge about shipping and your options and they may have some good ideas.