PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I'm the new guy.

Memphis DogHouse
07-04-2015, 05:33 PM
My little project has enjoyed enough success over the past year that I'm am ready to to turn it into something more real (hiring employees, buying a business front, etc.) Now all I have to do is figure out what the hell I'm doing ;)

vangogh
07-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Memphis DogHouse. Congrats on being ready for the next step. Looking forward to chatting with you and thanks for joining the community.

turboguy
07-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Now all I have to do is figure out what the hell I'm doing ;)

Good luck. I have been trying to do that for decades. Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to pick someone else's brain.

Memphis DogHouse
07-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Thanks. This is my fifth attempt at a starting my own business. Finally found something that seems to work for me. To the next step! cheers

David Hunter
07-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Welcome, Memphis!!

What kind of business? Building $100k dog houses??!!! ;-)

turboguy
07-05-2015, 05:51 PM
Thanks. This is my fifth attempt at a starting my own business. Finally found something that seems to work for me. To the next step! cheers
I think that is the real secret of success. When something doesn't work out you dust yourself off then think about what the next opportunity could be. Sooner or later you will trip over a successful one. I guess I have started (sorta anyway) about 7 businesses or so. Out of those two were winners. Since I have been in the manufacturing business about half of the products I have come up with worked out.

Mistakes never feel good but we can learn a lot from them and if we don't get discouraged sooner or later one of our hairbrained ideas will turn out not to be as hairbrained as we thought.

Memphis DogHouse
07-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Hah. No, although I have seen some crazy doghouses since I've been out here visiting LA. Paris Hiltons dog's live in a miniature model of her own home. I do dog boarding and training. Memphis DogHouse - Professional Training, Cageless Boarding (http://www.memphisdoghouse.com)

Memphis DogHouse
07-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Agreed. I read somewhere that the average millionaire has been completely broke 4 times in their lifetime.

David Hunter
07-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Dogs are family, and we don't put a price on family! hahaha Though... a gazillion dollar dog house might be a "little" overboard.

Secret to success is taking action! Once life knocks you down you got to get back up and keep moving forward.

The same goes for marketing. Everyone thinks their marketing should work 100% of the time. You could do 10 campaigns and only 2 or 3 will work out and the rest will be flops. But, the 2 or 3 that work out cover the other flops and still make you a killing. But, most people stop short of success. Just like the story of the goldmine in Think and Grow Rich. A guy had a goldmine and made good money from it, but then it seemed to dry up, so he sold it. The guy he sold it to hired another guy who knew goldmines and did surveys or whatever, and the guy said the jackpot is just 3 inches further down. The previous owner missed all the riches just because he stopped short by inches. INCHES!!!

David Hunter
07-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Also, just checked out your site. If I was a dog that's where I'd want to be!!! :-)

KristineS
07-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Memphis DogHouse
07-06-2015, 06:46 PM
We haven't opened DogHouse for humans yet but it is in the works. Just haven't worked out all the legalities yet. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it becomes available in your area ;)

David Hunter
07-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Darn! Well, let me know as soon as you do! I also might need some training. bahahaha

turboguy
07-07-2015, 03:05 PM
We haven't opened DogHouse for humans yet but it is in the works. ;)

If you open one in my area and need employees my wife would be a good one for you. She has taught me to sit up, to beg, and to roll over as well as to fetch anything she thinks she needs.

Memphis DogHouse
07-07-2015, 05:07 PM
hah! sounds about right.

jamesray50
07-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Hi there and good luck with your new venture. You have picked the place to come to for advise.

cbscreative
07-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Welcome. The earlier discussion about failing and trying again is exactly what I use in my sig. I ran across the TR quote close to 30 years ago. Directly behind the monitors I'm sitting in front of right now, on the wall, is a drawing of TR I did in high school. Shortly after finding the quote in a book I was reading, I framed and matted the drawing with the quote typeset into the matting. I've always had it in my office ever since. When something doesn't go as planned, it's only a failure if you give up.