PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Passing out Flyers?

andy_ric
07-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Hello,

I have a business that specializes in political paraphernalia. I have identified a few markets that are highly ideal for my product, and i would like to pass out flyers as one of my advertising methods.

Please let me know if anyone has any tips or experience with passing out flyers. Especially tips on ideal locations. The cities I have identified or mid-size cities.

Thanks,

jamesray50
07-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Put in mailboxes, leave on car windows in parking lots, stand outside somewhere and try to give to passerbyers. I'miss sorry I'm not being much help. I hate when a flyer is forced on me through the mail, on my car, etc. I like the option of getting a flyer myself. Like at a doctor's office, rest stop on the interstate, motel lobbys. May you could place your flyers in a location that your target audience goes to and hope they will see and want your flyer.

chief problem solver
07-13-2015, 09:22 AM
I would not pass out flyers. Its far too complicated to do so from a timing and labor perspective. You have to hope that you catch a resident when they are at home to pass give them a flyer. Plus if you are targeting large communities with thousands of homes you could be doing this for a very long time. You are totally dependent on your farm area. A better option would be door hangers because it gives you more control and is more effective. You can hire a company to distribute them which save you time and the headache of walking door-to-door hoping to catch people when they are at home to give them a flyer. Door hangers by design (placed on door knobs) force your prospect to read/see your marketing message which flyers do not offer. If you have any additional questions, feel free to send me a private message.

Harold Mansfield
07-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Hello,

I have a business that specializes in political paraphernalia. I have identified a few markets that are highly ideal for my product, and i would like to pass out flyers as one of my advertising methods.

Please let me know if anyone has any tips or experience with passing out flyers. Especially tips on ideal locations. The cities I have identified or mid-size cities.

Thanks,
Depends on what kind of political things. Politics is very personal and highly volatile. The wrong messaging could have a serious backlash. Tread carefully.

David Hunter
07-13-2015, 11:20 AM
Do NOT put flyers on people's cars. I hate people being within 50 feet of my car (preferably 100 feet), let alone touching my car.

How about getting a list of your target customers and send them direct mail?

KristineS
07-13-2015, 12:29 PM
My advice would be don't do it. Flyers are an antiquated method of advertising, most people find them annoying, and they aren't that effective in most situations. You'd be better off trying to establish a social media presence and targeting people or groups who would be likely to buy your products. There are much better methods of marketing than handing out flyers.

CfDoodles
07-24-2015, 08:23 AM
If you have any colleges near by offer to enlist their services. Most college students will pass out flyers for 20-50 bucks. Also have you considered creating facebook ads? If you have a website, you could post either a video or an ad and then share it on facebook and hope it goes viral.

LogansWalk
07-24-2015, 01:38 PM
I'll echo those saying to go the social media route as opposed to passing out flyers, this way you can more specifically reach your target audience. It will not only save you time and money, but also paper as most people will just crumple flyers up and throw them away.

Workingcapital
07-27-2015, 05:41 PM
It is always effective in getting a message out.......prepare for negative feedback.