PDA

View Full Version : Hello, this is Angela

laantigua
07-26-2015, 04:49 PM
Hello, my name is Angela Marcos and I am the owner of a tiny business with a strong vocation to be an emporium. My tagline is "More Than Beautiful Fabrics", which means that I sell fabrics that are beyond beautiful but also sell more things that are not fabrics, namely my own handmade products. I mainly run my business online (see my signature), but I also participate in shows and markets where I sell bags, quilts and other handmade items. I sew. I love fabric.
I stumbled upon this forum while searching about another type of business that my husband and I are looking at. I liked the forum and thought it would be good for me to join. I sure can learn a lot and might be of some help, too.
Thank you for having me here, I look forward to meeting you.

David Hunter
07-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, Angela!!

Interesting business. So, what do your clients do when they buy these fabrics? Do they make things out of them like Clothes, sheets, etc.??

laantigua
07-26-2015, 10:26 PM
Thank you, David.

My clients make quilts, clothes, pillow cases, curtains, upholstery, pot holders, anything that involves fabric. And some just hoard it, because that is what fabric lovers do for the most part. You would be amazed at the amounts of fabric that quilters and other people who sew have. Some of my clients are business owners themselves and sell what they make.

David Hunter
07-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Neat!

I'd never think about just hoarding it! hahaha

I just thought of fabrics for kitchen tables! I'm looking at ours right now and never thought of it. haha

jamesray50
07-28-2015, 06:09 AM
Hi Angela! Welcome to this forum. You have picked a great forum to be a part of. Not only are there a variety of topics covered, the members of this forum are knowledgeable and helpful. Your business sounds fun and exciting.

laantigua
07-28-2015, 08:31 AM
I see you do bookkeeping, that is one thing I struggle with. I should not, my Dad was an accountant back in the day when everything was done manually. I remember being a kid helping my Dad to balance the books, singing the numbers to him when a cent was missing. I guess I am not that kid anymore!

jamesray50
07-28-2015, 08:41 AM
I see you do bookkeeping, that is one thing I struggle with. I should not, my Dad was an accountant back in the day when everything was done manually. I remember being a kid helping my Dad to balance the books, singing the numbers to him when a cent was missing. I guess I am not that kid anymore!
I can relate to that. I majored in computer science way back before there were PC's, now I can only do the simplest of IT stuff and struggle at times with that.