PDA

View Full Version : most important marketing strategy for a new business

Zimbob
07-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I am sure this will be subjective, but what is the most important marketing strategy for a new business.

I would presume seo takes time....how important is blogging, social media etc.

And for an existing business, how important is it that the website is constantly updated?

Any help or insight would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Harold Mansfield
07-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I am sure this will be subjective, but what is the most important marketing strategy for a new business.

I would presume seo takes time....how important is blogging, social media etc.

And for an existing business, how important is it that the website is constantly updated?

Any help or insight would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, it's a big question and it's going to be subjective.

But I'll start by saying before you do ANY of those other things get your brand identity together. Your logo, colors, your mission, your elevator speech, any press packs....basically your messaging.

Without getting that in order first everything else you do with be flailing in the wind because all your SEO, social profiles, authors bios, and any mention of you online will be all over the place with no consistency.

Craft a strong, consistent message first, and then go forth communicating it.

David Hunter
07-29-2015, 11:56 AM
The most important marketing strategy for a new business?!! TAKING ACTION

What kind of business are you starting???

Fulcrum
07-29-2015, 09:00 PM
It depends on the business and who the target customers are.

Are you B2B or B2C? Two different strategies required (though there may be some overlap).
Do you want to be known as the Wal-Mart (cheap at all costs) of your industry or more of boutique?

David hit the nail on the head - the best course of action is to take action. Track results, revise plans and implement on the fly without making too many large changes until you get a handle on what can be expected.

Freelancier
07-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Identify your best potential clients. Figure out where they're going to look for a business like your business. Position yourself right there with a message that makes it compelling for them to buy from you.