PDA

View Full Version : I need help with keyword ranking in countries

rina
08-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Hello everyone,

I have done doing SEO for the past 1 year but all that I see is my page is at page 5 of google.

I don't know what I am doing wrong?
Maybe all that I am doing is wrong.

Can any kind soul please break it down for me?

This is what I am doing right now:

1)Registering and sharing the social networking sites.
2)Directory submissions (why directory submissions are taking the so much time to get approval,please tell me)
3)blog submissions (why blog submissions are taking so much to approval
4)social bookmarking blogs and this not enough to do please give the suggestions what i have to do

please advice me. Thanks!

vangogh
08-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the forum rina. The problem is you're following old advice that's only wasting your time. The things you listed aren't likely to help your pages rank. You have to start with content that people want to consume and share with other people. Those are the kind of pages that search engines want to rank. Other pages linking to your page is still important, but links you can get by submitting to a directory or blog or social site aren't helpful. Search engines are smart enough to know the links you've been trying to get aren't honest recommendations for your site.

If you want your pages to rank well in search engines, start by creating pages that are helpful, entertaining, and informative to real people.

Harold Mansfield
08-06-2015, 12:15 PM

2)Directory submissions (why directory submissions are taking the so much time to get approval,please tell me)
4)social bookmarking blogs and this not enough to do please give the suggestions what i have to do

I agree with VG. This is all from the early 2000's. Things have changed. I suggest that you start reading up on SEO again from the source and known experts. You can start with Google. They will tell you point blank what they are looking for in a quality website.

Kumar Palani
08-07-2015, 04:52 AM
Hello everyone,

I have done doing SEO for the past 1 year but all that I see is my page is at page 5 of google.

Rina, to be frank you are not wrong, getting your page to 5th page itself is not an easy task. So be cool. All you need to do is change your strategies to suit today's SEO standards.

I don't know what I am doing wrong?
Maybe all that I am doing is wrong.

Can any kind soul please break it down for me?

You might have missed on the most important aspect of SEO, "The Content". Focusing on links, keywords and more and almost ignoring contents is a common mistake in SEO. Sadly many SEOs make the same mistake.

*Write some really useful contents with some rare and impressive information and make sure you write it in an interactive manner, use "YOUs" "YOURs" and add statistics will all help.

**Try adding bullets, for they are easier to read for human eyes and search engines loves bullets and pictures. A perfectly written content is crucial for conversion, the most important task for business websites.

***Consider adding a blog section and start showcasing your expertise and provide informative posts that will help your potential audience, this will encourage visits, shares and beyond. You will also be able to win links with your contents as people share and engage with it.

What you are doing is perfect SEO strategies about 5-6 years ago, as VG points out. SEO has changed considerably over the last few years and with each new update, link building is getting harder than ever before.

1) Social networking sites, are not that bad, but since great many SEOs are spamming them, the over all value of these sites are not worth your time.

2) Directory Submission: I think you should be lucky if they didn't approve your site, coz most directories are spammed beyond point and are hit severely by Google Penguin update about 2 years ago. Try to ignore Directories, apart from a few sites most are not worth your time and effort.

3) Blog Submissions work perfectly if done correctly, but it all depends on your onsite contents (Blogs). So try creating a few really good blog posts before you can submit your blog.

4)Social Bookmarking Blogs: Once again it all depends on your on-page content, if it sounds good then visits will turn to engagements and shares; resulting in links and SERP.

In short you have to focus more on your onsite content, meta data and site structure more than building links, while links are important they can do you no good as long as your content lacks something.