PDA

View Full Version : Fees

Dee18
08-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I am starting a new business geared towards getting healthy as a family. We will have group exercise classes, kids exercise classes and group nutrition counseling by an RD. Also private sessions with a Registered Dietitian will be available for an extra cost. Every time an adult class goes on there will be a kids exercise class going on so you never have to worry about childcare. It will be very family oriented.

My question is how much would you pay for a center like this, single or with children. I'm just trying to gage what others think.

Thank you so much!!

Harold Mansfield
08-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone,

I am starting a new business geared towards getting healthy as a family. We will have group exercise classes, kids exercise classes and group nutrition counseling by an RD. Also private sessions with a Registered Dietitian will be available for an extra cost. Every time an adult class goes on there will be a kids exercise class going on so you never have to worry about childcare. It will be very family oriented.

My question is how much would you pay for a center like this, single or with children. I'm just trying to gage what others think.

Thank you so much!!
I don't have any kids so I couldn't help you on what I'd pay. I grew up going to the YMCA.

However sometimes you have to be the industry leader. If no one else is offering this type of family focused fitness center you'll probably be the first one pricing it.

Being that this is probably geared towards middle to upper middle class families and up, I don't think price will be what you're competing on. Quality of services is.

What people may pay depends on your target audience and your location. I'm sure you could get more in Manhattan than you can in Des Moines Iowa.

Sometimes it's a matter of just pricing it to cover costs, and a modest profit and put it out there. If you've looked into this kind of business I'm sure you have some idea of what classes costs, how much instructors get paid and so on. Follow that structure. I wouldn't try to compete on price if you're the only one doing it.

Or maybe you do. Is affordable family fitness your target audience?

billbenson
08-06-2015, 03:49 PM
I pay $400 per month for martial arts. But that is including training in three different styles, being able to go to whatever class I want, and private lesions.

Owen
08-09-2015, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much!!

Yeah, I don't have any kids neither. I mean I have a dog, but I don't think that counts. Anyways, to be honest I would pay maybe $100 for it. We have a huge gym company around me called The Works and they charge about $150, and Planet Fitness charges $10. So somewhere in between there would be beneficial.

webfanatic
08-24-2015, 08:42 PM
I think you'll get better feedback, if you actually polled parents who are already into fitness. This isn't the right forum for this kind of poll. Try joining health/fitness forums, parent forums, etc and ask this question. Also, check fitness centers, YMCA in your local area to get a feel for the going rate for a family fitness plan. Location plays a big part too.