PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Florida

08-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Nice to find this sort of forum, I am a small business owner and have been in operation for a couple of months now. I am repairing vehicles in which are bought at auctions and then wholeselling them back thru the auctions.

Not a whole lot of experience running a small business but I am trying.

Owen
08-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum. :D Hope to see you around some more :-)

David Hunter
08-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Welcome!!!

I knew a guy who used to do what you do... buy vehicles at auction, fix 'em up, and resell them, but he had a used car dealership he sold them through.

thewebwriter
08-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Welcome. Interesting business. Its nice when you can turn what you like doing into a business. My car tinkering days are long gone.
You'll get lots of help here to build your business.

cbscreative
08-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Welcome. I have a mechanic friend in the process of doing a similar business. He may or may not buy at auctions but his plan is to sell them directly to the buyer rather than re-auction them. Same basic idea though.

turboguy
08-10-2015, 01:05 PM
So you are basically buying at wholesale and increasing the value and then selling at wholesale. The nice thing about that is when she goes in an Auction it can fall apart the next day and it is no skin off your nose. The other nice thing is you don't have to worry about trade ins. The profit would be better buying wholesale and selling retail however. If you are doing well that is the important thing.