PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys market a B2b business

veritasvisions
08-08-2015, 04:06 PM
I've been stuck around the 5-10 account mark and i want to expand. Do you guys have ideas on how to get more accounts. Would love to learn from you.

Owen
08-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Advertise. Post around in forums, get active on forums, build trust on those forums. Sponsor things in your local town if you can.

Freelancier
08-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Weren't you the guy who was telling us that attracting attention to yourself was this magical elixir that we all needed to drink?? Ok, never mind.

Basic pre-marketing question: describe -- in as much detail as you can -- your best potential client. Always start there. Just to clarify: the "best potential clients" are the ones who will pay you your price for what you're offering without complaining or trying to negotiate your price down, will always pay their bills on time, and think that you are important to their business successes.

Harold Mansfield
08-09-2015, 02:28 PM
...Post around in forums, get active on forums, build trust on those forums...

Forums aren't really a huge marketing strategy. Online your website(s) SEO, Blogging, Reviews, Referrals, and Advertising are effective strategies when done properly and consistently.

Owen
08-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Forums aren't really a huge marketing strategy. Online your website(s) SEO, Blogging, Reviews, Referrals, and Advertising are effective strategies when done properly and consistently.

It can be if you're poor and can't afford advertising :P

Harold Mansfield
08-09-2015, 03:03 PM
It can be if you're poor and can't afford advertising :P
True. When you're low on funds you do all the free stuff you can. It's actually good training too so that when you do start to spend you'll have done the marketing grind on all the free stuff to find out what works best in the trenches.

Owen
08-09-2015, 03:06 PM
True. When you're low on funds you do all the free stuff you can. It's actually good training too so that when you do start to spend you'll have done the marketing grind on all the free stuff to find out what works best in the trenches.

Before I started gathering funds for Adwords I used to basically spam forums and chat rooms :o this is the only forum i spared from Hurricane Spammy

Harold Mansfield
08-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Before I started gathering funds for Adwords I used to basically spam forums and chat rooms :o this is the only forum i spared from Hurricane Spammy

Well, we're glad you spared us, but you wouldn't have made it far. You'll notice that spam and spammers don't last long around here since every admin is alerted of new posts and see spam in real time.

Owen
08-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Well, we're glad you spared us, but you wouldn't have made it far. You'll notice that spam and spammers don't last long around here since every admin is alerted of new posts and see spam in real time.

I am well aware, I like to comment on the spam posts before they get deleted with some stupid meme or some egotistic remark :o

turboguy
08-09-2015, 04:20 PM
To me it always seemed like spamming a forum as a means of advertising it a waste of a lot of time and it certainly makes a lot of extra work for the owners and moderators. Any forum that isn't good at removing spam isn't likely to be one people pay much attention to anyway. I would guess it is even tougher for this forum since there can be a fine line between an informative introduction and a spam post. My hat is off to everyone here for the fine job you do. (Well it would be if I was wearing a hat anyway.)

Owen
08-09-2015, 04:24 PM
To me it always seemed like spamming a forum as a means of advertising it a waste of a lot of time and it certainly makes a lot of extra work for the owners and moderators. Any forum that isn't good at removing spam isn't likely to be one people pay much attention to anyway. I would guess it is even tougher for this forum since there can be a fine line between an informative introduction and a spam post. My hat is off to everyone here for the fine job you do. (Well it would be if I was wearing a hat anyway.)

It's every man for themselves. You do what you have to do. It's like the Hunger Games, only difference is you're not killing people you're kinda just putting links where they shouldn't be.

turboguy
08-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Well a lot of people have put things where they shouldn't be and some of those things have created far more problems than putting a link on a forum. Read that any way you want.

On my forum most of the spam seems to be x rated sites or little blue pills. Here is seems to be more services.

Owen
08-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Well a lot of people have put things where they shouldn't be and some of those things have created far more problems than putting a link on a forum. Read that any way you want.

On my forum most of the spam seems to be x rated sites or little blue pills. Here is seems to be more services.

Let me guess does "MAKE YOUR D*CK 5 INCHES BIGGER!" ring a bell?

veritasvisions
08-09-2015, 06:28 PM
I think the answer is just to hussle your butt off.

Fulcrum
08-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Well a lot of people have put things where they shouldn't be and some of those things have created far more problems than putting a link on a forum.

I think they make a cream for that now.

Owen
08-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I think they make a cream for that now.

I just died XD

Also, I have no idea how I bypassed it, Harold. Maybe caps can bypass the filter c:

shawn.griggs
08-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Advertising is the name of the game. Think about your business: where are your followers? what are your demographics? how much are you willing to spend to spread the word of your business? Boost your Facebook and link to your website, but put Google Analytics firstly. Through your Google Analytics, you can see who your followers are, where they're from, what kind of stuff they like, then go from there.

Workingcapital
08-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Frank in your business you would be better off offering to upgrade the website of every friend you have for free in exchange for a paying referral. That is where you money is at. Unless you have thousands and thousands to drop on marketing, then you would buy leads of people who have been seeking a deal for a new site and then reach out to them.

Owen
08-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Advertising is the name of the game. Think about your business: where are your followers? what are your demographics? how much are you willing to spend to spread the word of your business? Boost your Facebook and link to your website, but put Google Analytics firstly. Through your Google Analytics, you can see who your followers are, where they're from, what kind of stuff they like, then go from there.

Shawn Griggs
Digital Marketing Coordinator
BrieBugSolutions.com

Why don't you just put those bottom 3 lines in your signature? xD

Owen
08-10-2015, 01:46 PM

Shawn Griggs
Digital Marketing Coordinator
BrieBugSolutions.com

Why don't you just put those bottom 3 lines in your signature? xD