PDA

View Full Version : Starting a New Business via an App?

smallbizhelper
08-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Since this is the age of technology and applications how do you guys feel about streamlining a financial services program thru an app?

vangogh
08-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Depends on the business. If you're a business I use and trust, I'll gladly download an app. I'll still want a website I can visit, but I'll gladly have the app too. If your business is unknown though, then it's highly unlikely I would download an app to use the service.

Harold Mansfield
08-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Since this is the age of technology and applications how do you guys feel about streamlining a financial services program thru an app?

Do you mean like Simple, and Wealthfront? Or something like Mint ?

What kind of "financial services"? Banking? Investments? Personal budgeting? Accounting?

smallbizhelper
08-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Depends on the business. If you're a business I use and trust, I'll gladly download an app. I'll still want a website I can visit, but I'll gladly have the app too. If your business is unknown though, then it's highly unlikely I would download an app to use the service.

Good point. Thank You

Harold Mansfield
08-14-2015, 02:01 PM
I agree. An app is just a tool. For something like this you still need to build the full (credible, knowledgeable, and trustworthy) business behind it.

Alexcook
08-27-2015, 05:55 AM

Good Idea though, but make sure that you yourself have enough finances to advertise that app. In this time where there are thousand of apps for Android & Ios. It would take time for your app to get popular.