PDA

View Full Version : Subscription Based Money Collection

rolstar
08-15-2015, 10:30 PM
What is the best way to collect money from a neighborhood for a subscription based service? No HOA - For example a neighborhood that has 1000 houses and 10 business and each household needs to contribute $8/mo repeating charge with full participation. This is confusing me because not everyone will want to participate and some people will not pay every month, or will pay one month and stop while everyone else continues. Lets say the neighborhood needs to keep a $8000 charge as a whole, every month, how do you set that up to effectively and reliably get your money every month regardless of monthly variables? Thanks for your knowledge. - John

Harold Mansfield
08-15-2015, 10:59 PM
What is the best way to collect money from a neighborhood for a subscription based service? No HOA - For example a neighborhood that has 1000 houses and 10 business and each household needs to contribute $8/mo repeating charge with full participation. This is confusing me because not everyone will want to participate and some people will not pay every month, or will pay one month and stop while everyone else continues. Lets say the neighborhood needs to keep a $8000 charge as a whole, every month, how do you set that up to effectively and reliably get your money every month regardless of monthly variables? Thanks for your knowledge. - John
Um, pay for what? Back in the day "collecting" from all of the homes or businesses in an area for some kind of "service" was called racketeering, extortion, and a few other names.
What exactly are you collecting for?

rolstar
08-15-2015, 11:11 PM
Armed Security Patrol

rolstar
08-15-2015, 11:12 PM
Pretty standard in california, atlanta....Just not sure how to efficiently collect the money for the reasons listed above for neighborhoods that want to have a vehicle patrol.

rolstar
08-15-2015, 11:18 PM
Local neighborhoods hire own police coverage | www.ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/local-neighborhoods-hire-own-police-coverage/nQbbC/)

2 Neighborhoods Fight Back With Private Security Patrol - latimes (http://articles.latimes.com/1992-12-24/news/gl-3325_1_private-security-patrol)

Harold Mansfield
08-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Armed Security Patrol
You were correct in your first thought. That is usually done through an HOA or neighborhood group. Unless there's a general consensus you will not be able to patrol a neighborhood, armed, without freaking people out, not to mention what the city and local law enforcement will say about it. Therefore you're not going to get everyone to agree to pay for it.

Don't know what it's like in your state, but in mine residential armed patrols are rare, and only happen in closed/gated communities.

So seems to me that your market is definitely HOA's, Community, and Neighborhood associations.