PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas about setting up a tv with loop ad on my store

soumikcha
08-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Hello,
I have a check cashing with multipurpose wireless store. I want to find some new ways to advertise . Would that be a good idea?? Any tips and How should I do the videos.

Harold Mansfield
08-16-2015, 02:14 PM
I can't help you with how to do the videos since I'm not sure what you want other than to insure that you do them professionally. Don't try and do them yourself and make things worse and ruin your credibility.

To answer your other question, yes, in house advertising is a good idea and can be very effective to up sell additional products and services.

David Hunter
08-16-2015, 03:09 PM
There's a local Chinese restaurant I go to that has their TVs play loop advertising for their specials and normal menu items. Always makes my mouth water.

I'm with Harold... find a professional company to do it. You want to make sure you have great photos and great offers. When you say your store is also a multipurpose wireless store, does that mean cell phones, electronics, etc.?

turboguy
08-16-2015, 05:14 PM
The easiest way to do a loop ad is to have the ad on a DVD and the DVD player will auto repeat if you set it to. We have three tv's in our trade show booth and do that. My question would be what you want the videos to show. If it is mostly something like print advertising you might be able to do a power point display.

If you want to do it yourself Roxio creator is fairly easy to use. I do have Adobe Premier but prefer the Roxio and you can buy it for under $ 100.00. You can embed video, slide shows and photos in your movie and add text and or music as well.

soumikcha
08-16-2015, 07:12 PM
I want to mainly focus on cellphone and accessories on the ad. I am trying to get some kind of video from my carrier but they are such an idiot. Do not have any idea what I am talking about lol. Ya, I was thinking of roxio or something similar to that and make something. ANy of u tried USB stick to loop? not every new tv have dvd option.

turboguy
08-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Any of u tried USB stick to loop? not every new tv have dvd option.

You can get a DVD player at any WalMart for 60 bucks or so that will work with any tv and of course there are TV's with built in DVD players and they are pretty cheap. You could try a USB stick. I am not sure if it would work or not.

soumikcha
08-16-2015, 11:38 PM
You can get a DVD player at any WalMart for 60 bucks or so that will work with any tv and of course there are TV's with built in DVD players and they are pretty cheap. You could try a USB stick. I am not sure if it would work or not.

Ok Thanks, I will do some digging.

tallen
08-17-2015, 06:58 AM
You might also look into Digital Picture Frames -- many of these can play videos (not just slide shows), although I am not sure about whether they have audio capabilities, too.

Brian Altenhofel
08-17-2015, 07:12 AM
Most of the stores that I see that run those loops have an inexpensive computer hooked up to a TV with a slideshow looping. The computer just needs an HDMI or DVI output.

turboguy
08-17-2015, 08:41 AM
I have not seen any digital picture frames with audio capabilities but there may be some. I had posted previously and mentioned that at my trade shows I run 3 TV's with dvd players that loop the video automatically. Well, isn't quite accurate. That is what I did until less than a year ago. I was running three 21" TV's. Not long ago I came across a Groupon deal and bought three 21" tablet computers for about $ 200.00 each. I was hoping to be able to loop the video and use a memory stick or card to store the video. In theory it should have worked but so far I have not been able to get that to work so have been continuing to use the dvd player with the 21" tablet computers. There are a few other large tablet computers available and that could be an option to not needing the dvd player. Of course if running something like a powerpoint presentation worked that would be another way to go with the tablets. If you are wanting something very large in a tv such as something in the 30-60 inch range a tv will be the only option but if somewhere around the 21" or smaller would work then a tablet might be the other option.

soumikcha
08-23-2015, 12:53 AM
Ok, thanks for all the help guys. I received a loop dvd from boost wireless but these idioits did not sync in some kind of audio with it. Even though when I watch the video, it looks like there should be some kind of audio going with it. smh

Harold Mansfield
08-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Ok, thanks for all the help guys. I received a loop dvd from boost wireless but these idioits did not sync in some kind of audio with it. Even though when I watch the video, it looks like there should be some kind of audio going with it. smh

Maybe that's the point. For you to add your own audio specific to your store.

soumikcha
08-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Hmm, now I have to find a software that can do that.

Harold Mansfield
08-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Hmm, now I have to find a software that can do that.
Not necessarily. Just write a script and hire someone or a company to do the voice over. You want to use a professional. Voice over work isn't as simple as it seems.
If you are determined to do it yourself I'm sure whatever computer you have has some sort of free video editing software. I know MS and Apple computers do.

Or you could get fancy and purchase something like Camtasia, which is around $299.
https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html

If you plan on doing more of these, it may be worth the investment.

turboguy
08-23-2015, 03:10 PM
I use Roxio for my video work. It sells for $ 99.00 but there are coupons that will let you get it for $ 49.00. You can edit the tracks individually. In other words you can add a narration track and a music track. It is fairly easy to do. I have usually done the voice over myself but on the next on I do I may look on Fiverr. There are some people who sound pretty good and will do it for anywhere from 5 bucks per 100 words to 5 bucks for each 250 words. There are other sites for voice overs but most can get pretty pricey.

soumikcha
08-24-2015, 12:08 AM
hmm. I really do not want to invest money like that in that store. Since my new cricket store, the money I am investing, it covers loop program. I might as well use that. Unless I can see if I can use Roxio. THe reason I do not want to invest money because promo changes within every 30-15 days. I will just have to see if I can somehow combine them and use it.

Harold Mansfield
08-24-2015, 10:57 AM
hmm. I really do not want to invest money like that in that store. Since my new cricket store, the money I am investing, it covers loop program. I might as well use that. Unless I can see if I can use Roxio. THe reason I do not want to invest money because promo changes within every 30-15 days. I will just have to see if I can somehow combine them and use it.

Things change for all of us regularly. Marketing costs money and you can't grow your business and increase sales without it. Not saying you need to purchase the most expensive option or purchase anything at all. I'm just saying that for something as important as this, that you need to be professional so that it has a chance of increasing sales...if you're going to cut every corner and refuse to spend anything to do it right, don't do it at all.

A bad video running is worse than no video running. Far, far worse. When it comes to what people perceive as credible, there is no "good enough". It has to be good, period.

soumikcha
08-24-2015, 11:15 PM
Things change for all of us regularly. Marketing costs money and you can't grow your business and increase sales without it. Not saying you need to purchase the most expensive option or purchase anything at all. I'm just saying that for something as important as this, that you need to be professional so that it has a chance of increasing sales...if you're going to cut every corner and refuse to spend anything to do it right, don't do it at all.

A bad video running is worse than no video running. Far, far worse. When it comes to what people perceive as credible, there is no "good enough". It has to be good, period.

That is true. I will see what I can work out. I need to find a good place to put the TV. I am putting all the led lights around my store. Put one under my counter but nobody noticed it today. lol

Harold Mansfield
08-25-2015, 11:51 AM
That is true. I will see what I can work out. I need to find a good place to put the TV. I am putting all the led lights around my store. Put one under my counter but nobody noticed it today. lol

Take your time, don't rush it. It's important that it's right, not quick. Quite a few people around here have been through it or have videos. I made a quite a few mistakes and assumptions when I put mine together. Hiring a professional for the voice over was the best decision I made in the entire process. Yeah, now I have about $400 in mic equipment sitting around that I didn't and don't use, but in the 2+ years since I created it I've made that back and then some just by having something that people consider professional and draws them to call me.

I don't consider things like that a waste of money if I've learned something that got me where I needed to be and accomplished the mission.

Feel free to ask even the stupid questions. It's how we all learned.

soumikcha
08-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Will do. Thank you so much for ur help.