PDA

View Full Version : Putting my logo products

BusDreamer
08-19-2015, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I going to order some item from China manufacturers. For some items I am going to customize the colors, but for some I am going to take them as they are from the manufacturer.

my question is, is it ethical to put my logo on something that is not my own design?:confused:

vangogh
08-19-2015, 10:48 AM
It depends. I think we would need more details to be able to answer. You can't walk into a store and buy someone else's product off the shelf and slap your logo on it, but you can certainly hire another company to design something specifically for your business that includes your logo. Are the product you're ordering being made specifically for your business or are they products anyone can order?

BusDreamer
08-19-2015, 11:12 AM
Anyone can order these products.

Some of them can be customized. For example, I am intending to alter the colors for some products, and I am intending to send my own design for wrapping papers.

billbenson
08-19-2015, 12:46 PM
We do it. It will always have the manufacturer's logo. But some companies - say Shell Oil - want their logo on it as well. So it will have both.

vangogh
08-19-2015, 03:27 PM
Anyone can order these products.

Can you check with the company that makes them. I would think they'd have rules about whether or not it's ok to add your logo. If they don't have a problem with it, I don't think there's an ethical problem,

That said, I'm not sure I would want my logo on a product someone else makes that anyone can get. It gives another company too much control over your brand.

BusDreamer
08-20-2015, 06:43 AM
That said, I'm not sure I would want my logo on a product someone else makes that anyone can get. It gives another company too much control over your brand.

I am convinced about this. But, this leads me to another question, how to protect my design when sending it to the manufacturer?