PDA

View Full Version : Start-up PC Repair Sole Proprietorship in the introduction stage

bonddm
09-25-2015, 08:23 PM
Not quite ready for launch but I have the license, sales tax registration, DBA, permit, website, etc out of the way. I just need to move to the next step which I am confused about. Need help.

vangogh
09-26-2015, 11:14 AM
It sounds like the nest step is reaching potential customers. You didn't mention a physical location. Will you be making house calls? If not getting a physical location probably comes before gaining customer, but it sounds like your set to take business so the next step is finding customers. Is how you do that where you need help?

Harold Mansfield
09-26-2015, 01:58 PM
I agree, the next step is to start getting customers and getting some money coming in. Before you did all of the paperwork, what kind of plan had you envisioned to do that?

bonddm
09-30-2015, 08:24 AM
I drew up a business plan which I have on my PC. My goal is to provide basic PC/Laptop repair solutions with our advantage being based on price. Most of my competitors are overpriced and may not value customer service as much as they should. That is my selling point. Not so much the quality of our service, because that will be there, but the price and service will be unmatched. I like to compare are price model to that of Wal-mart maybe even ebay. Our service would resemble your local mom and pop shop of the earlier times when service was more personable and customized.

bonddm
09-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Legally, I want to cover myself. I don't have list of numbers for telemarketing, or a permit for direct marketing. I truly am stuck at the moment.:confused:

turboguy
09-30-2015, 12:53 PM
For a list of potential customers there is always the yellow pages, print or online. Why do you need a permit for direct marketing?

bonddm
09-30-2015, 02:41 PM
For a list of potential customers there is always the yellow pages, print or online. Why do you need a permit for direct marketing?

Some areas prohibit solicitation on private property or residential areas. There are laws in place because I used to work commission jobs (B2B, B2C, telemarketing, etc).