PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Germany!

Hel Joy
10-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Hello everybody! Nice to be here finally) I'm Hel, 30 years old came from Germany. I got a small business in the field of telecommunication technologies here in Germany. So see all of you in the forum chats;)

vangogh
10-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the forum Hel Joy. Nice to have you here. Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

David Hunter
10-23-2015, 10:54 AM
Welcome, Hel.

99social
10-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Welcome, Hel! Looking forward to interacting with you on the forums - it's nice to have a fresh perspective.

cbscreative
10-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Welcome, Hel. I just wish they would build highways here like the Autobahn so Xcountry travel wouldn't have to be so gruelingly slow when it doesn't have to be that way. Then again, I'm half German and my mom and grandpa were full German. My great grandparents immigrated here in the 1940's so the German blood in my veins isn't diluted much.

As a footnote, many of our freeways could easily accommodate high speed travel if they chose to allow it and required special driving privileges to gain access. Germany has proven that driving on these roads would be considerably safer in spite of high speeds. Our system of allowing any and all to drive on the freeway isn't the safest idea on the planet. I for one would appreciate knowing that certain roads are only accessible to vehicles and drivers that have a proven aptitude. We'd still have all the other roads where drivers are multitasking instead of paying attention but it would be nice to have a place of high speed refuge where drivers don't dare to get distracted because the reality that a fraction of a second can turn deadly is too real to ignore. Fear of death is a powerful motivator to reduce distracted driving, far more powerful than public service messages. I'd say the German solution is superior to ours in this respect. Welcome again.