PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best bang for my buck for advertising online?

needls
10-26-2015, 03:26 PM
A lot of quotes for marketing out there are well beyond small startup pricing. Does anyone know any really good (and reputable) marketing companies that fit the lowest of lowest budgets?

Freelancier
10-26-2015, 03:36 PM
Doing it yourself is the least expensive marketing option. Not usually the best, but always the best for no-budget operations.

When you have money, then you have more options to choose from.

Harold Mansfield
10-26-2015, 03:50 PM
A lot of quotes for marketing out there are well beyond small startup pricing. Does anyone know any really good (and reputable) marketing companies that fit the lowest of lowest budgets?

What's low to you?

Lowest of the lowest budgets most times means you're doing it yourself. There's rarely an instance of cheap, reputable, and good. Good and reputable costs at the very least a fair price. Time and knowledge is worth being paid for.

What kind of budget is low to you, and what kind of advertising are you looking to do?
Do you have any ideas of what you want?

cbscreative
10-27-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm inclined to think you're looking at DIY or at least primarily DIY. For most business models, a key component of your marketing will be a web site. Most of your other marketing methods will typically utilize a web site because many of your customers/clients will want to see a web site at some stage of the buying process.

With lowest of low budgets, you wouldn't usually be hiring a pro web designer, but even worse is choosing a web designer based on price. WordPress is your most practical solution for developing your own web site that doesn't look homemade. The problem comes in when the "theme" (think of a WP theme as a template) isn't exactly right for your business, e.g. nice design but wrong colors, unneeded features need to be deactivated, etc. The good news is, having it customized to your needs isn't expensive. A pro can do that in a fraction of the time it would take you and help alleviate a whole lot of unnecessary frustration so you can use your time more productively.

The answer to your question about reputable marketers for small business is there are plenty of them here including myself and Harold who both could help you with WordPress. Neither of us or the others here are prone to shameless self promotion but since you asked you are in the right place. In addition, because marketing is such an integral part of business, we have an extensive library of discussions here that you'll find beneficial.

99social
10-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Marketing can be taken on in your own hands, but you'll be dedicating a lot of your precious time to doing a so-so job, when your time could be better spent elsewhere.

With my company, we tailor all of our posting to your business's exact needs and provide monthly reports, so you can see how well your money was spent. There are no contracts and a 14 day money back guarantee. Professionals know how to target your audience and what method is best for reaching them.

I don't want to sound like I am just plugging myself, but marketing is an investment opportunity for your business that can be easily wasted, if you don't approach it with knowledge and experience.

Harold Mansfield
10-27-2015, 07:36 PM
With my company, we tailor all of our posting to your business's exact needs and provide monthly reports, so you can see how well your money was spent. There are no contracts and a 14 day money back guarantee. Professionals know how to target your audience and what method is best for reaching them.

I don't want to sound like I am just plugging myself...

If that wasn't a plug, then Ron Popeil was merely mentioning a few things. I was expecting you to end with, "But wait, there's more..." :)

99social
10-28-2015, 11:45 PM
If that wasn't a plug, then Ron Popeil was merely mentioning a few things. I was expecting you to end with, "But wait, there's more..." :)

No sham wows or jazz hands here - just a decent idea.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Harold, sheesh. ;)