PDA

View Full Version : Advice for new business

just jeff
10-31-2015, 04:41 PM
Hi..I have emigrated from South Africa to Manchester UK. Back home in SA I had a waste removal business. I believed strongly in advertising and this was a successful marketing action that worked well for me. 90% of my ads were local newspapers in different areas and Gumtree. I've spent a lot of money in Manchester and my response for advertising is extremely poor. As a service related business, can anybody steer me in the right direction. At the moment Gumtree is my best form, but not enough business. Many thanks

Owen
11-01-2015, 01:49 AM
Hi..I have emigrated from South Africa to Manchester UK. Back home in SA I had a waste removal business. I believed strongly in advertising and this was a successful marketing action that worked well for me. 90% of my ads were local newspapers in different areas and Gumtree. I've spent a lot of money in Manchester and my response for advertising is extremely poor. As a service related business, can anybody steer me in the right direction. At the moment Gumtree is my best form, but not enough business. Many thanks

Gumtree is great since you're in the U.K., I'm sure as you could've guessed by the words "Search xxxxx ads in United Kingdom on the UK's #1 Classifieds site". lol

I'm more of an american business person so I really can't give you a lot of advice for european business, but I'm sure it's relatively the same thing, so here's what I can tell you:
Advertise everywhere you possibly can, whether it's on local TV, internet ads (RECOMMENDED), etc.

The internet is going to be the best possible place to advertise.

David Hunter
11-03-2015, 01:48 PM
In your ads, what was your Call-to-Action (CTA)?

Why should someone do business with you over all the other options available to them?

vangogh
11-03-2015, 03:49 PM
There are lots of reasons why advertising might not work. Can you give us more details about your ads? Where have they run? How long have they run? Feel free to point us to an example or share the copy here.

webfanatic
11-06-2015, 06:50 AM
Are people actively looking for your service? Do they do searches on Google for your service? If so, you may want to do pay per click if regular marketing is not working for you.

Amber
12-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Hi Jeff. I'm from the U.S. so I'm not sure how much help I can be.

What is your advertising budget? I ask because some have mentioned ppc ads like Google Adwords (if that applies to your area). If not, I'd stick to Gumtree and maybe smaller niche publications. Are there any online business directories that you can submit your information to?

I'm not sure what kind of waste removal you do, but another suggestion would be to partner with other businesses related to your niche. Referrals from others may help you get going.