PDA

View Full Version : Want to know business term name...

Pyay Phyo Kyaw
10-31-2015, 11:17 PM
Hello guys,
I am new to this forum and I currently would like to know business term name.

Example
If a company would like to ask or call or want to start with some business together with some phone selling shop to the public or customers, can we call corporation business?

Owen
11-01-2015, 01:29 AM
Hello guys,
I am new to this forum and I currently would like to know business term name.

Example
If a company would like to ask or call or want to start with some business together with some phone selling shop to the public or customers, can we call corporation business?

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, but I'll throw some terms about that may have to do with what you're talking about:

PARTNERSHIP - When more than one individual or company do business together.
INCORPORATION - To register a business.

If not, could you explain better?

BusinessBySusan
11-08-2015, 09:36 PM
If you are talking about merging with another business (owned by someone else) that's called a merger.

But if you are partnering with another individual that's called a partnership (or LLP if its that kind of situation)

Business Attorney
11-10-2015, 02:47 PM
There are all kinds of terms that describe symbiotic business relationships. Two of the most common are JOINT VENTURE and STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP (or sometimes STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP). Those terms are often used inter-changeably but I consider a joint venture (http://www.illinoisbusinessattorney.com/articles/joint-venture.html) to be a more formal relationship than a strategic partnership.

There are many other types of business relationships, of course. If you are simply selling someone's else's product or service as an independent business, you may have a sales representative or distributorship relationship, which can either be exclusive or non-exclusive. In those cases, you are typically an independent contractor, but you can also have a principal-agent relationship.

Each type of relationship has its own unique issues and legal ramifications.