PDA

View Full Version : To offer free shipping or to not offer free shipping...what say you?

Anoura929
12-12-2015, 05:32 AM
I really want to offer my products at 68$/ea but I am eating it when it comes to shipping. Shipping costs are about 3.50 a piece within the US. (we wont discuss international shipping as I know I have to charge for that)

-my options are eating the shipping costs so it can be free,
-raising the cost per item and offering free shipping
or what I'm thinking is...
-raising the costs to 69$/ea and having the consumer pay two dollars shipping total and eating the other .50 cents.

what do you think a good idea is?

David Hunter
12-12-2015, 12:54 PM
It's all about testing.

Find out where the best price point is with free shipping. Everyone loves the word FREE, but it doesn't mean you have to lose.

What is it you're selling? Maybe your products would sell the same at $79 with free shipping. You don't know unless you test!

Anoura929
12-12-2015, 01:03 PM
It's all about testing.

Find out where the best price point is with free shipping. Everyone loves the word FREE, but it doesn't mean you have to lose.

What is it you're selling? Maybe your products would sell the same at $79 with free shipping. You don't know unless you test!

Haha that would be awesome. They are bilingual anatomical dental office posters in English and 15 foreign languages. I know I will have to charge shipping outside of the US but maybe you're right and they would sell for 79$. I will have to set it up that way and if they don't sell like pancakes I can go ahead and lower it. Neat idea, I owe you one.

Harold Mansfield
12-12-2015, 01:28 PM
I will have to set it up that way and if they don't sell like pancakes I can go ahead and lower it.

There's more to "not selling like pancakes" than lowering or raising the price. Don't be so laser focused that you lurch around from one idea to the next without considering your entire presentation and marketing plan.

Anoura929
12-12-2015, 01:35 PM
It's a good idea, i'll test it.

houngie
12-12-2015, 06:29 PM
I believe the word is absorbing cost. =)