PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

thesauce
12-17-2015, 11:44 PM
I have a great idea, with a prototype already created. The idea for a business model of a BBQ sauce company. How do I get started from here what is needed? I'm confused how I can find analysis of this market, etc. As someone completely new to this can anyone refer me to any articles etc.

Business Attorney
12-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Tell us a little more. Are you going to try to get shelf space in stores (if so, good luck with that!) or sell direct via the internet or at things like farmers' markets and BBQ competitions?

Coming up with a recipe is the easy part. Manufacturing, marketing and selling the product is the hard part.

stephanj54
12-18-2015, 11:15 AM
You may be able to sell it at farmer's markets, small mom and pop stores, or even online. Sometimes it is best to sell online when you first start to begin gaining capital on your product. Be sure to use the reviews or your product to tweek it as needed. If selling at a farmers market, have some cooked foods with your sauce to offer as samples.

Harold Mansfield
12-18-2015, 12:49 PM
I have a great idea, with a prototype already created. The idea for a business model of a BBQ sauce company. How do I get started from here what is needed? I'm confused how I can find analysis of this market, etc. As someone completely new to this can anyone refer me to any articles etc.

What kind of analysis are you looking for? You just type in "U.S. Sales of BBQ sauce" in Google and get more articles and stats than you can handle.

DeniseTaylor
12-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Many things you can kind of sort out by envisioning the end user of your product or service. Then thinking in terms of cause and effect, determine how those people would go about obtaining your product. Stores? Online? Restaurants? That kind of thing. If you can get these things down, you can then go to work on putting in some creative touches to set you apart from the competition.