PDA

View Full Version : Google Adwords

TechHelpNation
01-10-2016, 04:26 AM
Has many people used Adwords? How has it worked for your business to draw in business? I have had my adwords up for about 3 weeks and I have had a good 14k views, However only a few calls and a few clicks. Anything I can do to draw in more people?

Harold Mansfield
01-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Has many people used Adwords? How has it worked for your business to draw in business? I have had my adwords up for about 3 weeks and I have had a good 14k views, However only a few calls and a few clicks. Anything I can do to draw in more people?

What is the ad, and where does it go? We can't answer that question without seeing the entire ad campaign. There could be a million reasons why your ads aren't converting from poorly written ads, improper targeting, budget too small to be competitive, poorly developed execution and landing.

No way to guess without seeing it.

PHCProducts
01-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Long story short, your copy is either bad or you're bidding on keywords that are irrelevant to your copy. Since you are new at this I would stay away from top keywords, you're going to pay a lot for clicks and you're competing against the guys who are the best in the game. i.e. Instead of bidding on the word "shoes" bid on the keyword "kids shoes for sale" or whatever is relevant to your business. The second option would be whats considered a "long tail keyword" and will be less expensive along with an obvious consumer intent.

Also, I would highly recommend A & B testing ads across the same keyword subset. So for each group of keywords you should create one ad that you think is the best and then create an iteration of that ad. I usually change one aspect at a time, review the data after about a week to see which ad performed better and select that as the winner then repeat the process. Take the ad that worked better and create a slightly different version to test against it. After 3 or 4 iterations you're going to hone in on what is working and what is holding you back.

Too much to explain on this topic but should get you headed in a better direction.

BrandonL
04-11-2016, 05:25 PM
I agree that there is too much information we don't know. To answer your question, there are companies doing very well with Adwords, and there are companies losing their shirt. If you are getting lots of views and impressions but very little clicks, I agree with PHCProducts: "your copy is either bad or you're bidding on keywords that are irrelevant to your copy."

Natalie
05-10-2016, 10:42 PM
The wording of your ad is really important. It’s what draws someone in and motivates them to click. Figure out what is your goal (i.e. direct calls or a click through) and then optimise the copy to drive users to carry out your desired action. An offer always helps and catches people’s attention. Good luck!

kb24
06-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Aside from adwords their is also bing ads..

anurag.it2005
06-15-2016, 02:54 AM
I agree that there is too much information we don't know. To answer your question, there are companies doing very well with Adwords, and there are companies losing their shirt. If you are getting lots of views and impressions but very little clicks, I agree with PHCProducts: "your copy is either bad or you're bidding on keywords that are irrelevant to your copy."

Kindle-Murphy
06-17-2016, 04:59 PM
I have been researching this myself. Pay-for-click is complicated, but I think I've found that Facebook is more effective.

I've been listening to podcasts about the subject and that has helped me.

KCMDigitalMarketing
06-18-2016, 12:55 PM
Start with Facebook ads because you're more than likely going to waste tons of money on AdWords.

Depending on what type of business you're running and whether you have competitors, your AdWords campaigns will struggle.

I've worked with companies who have a $500 to $14,000 monthly budget for only AdWords.

Here's a usual scenario: Someone clicks on your ad. They land on your website's homepage, services page, or which ever page. And more than likely, they will browse a bit then click away. Money is gone.

Build landing pages that targets a specific customer and that solves a problem. Want them to call you? Well, why should they? Explain it.

Another tip: keep the copy consistent from the ad to the landing page.

Harold Mansfield
06-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Start with Facebook ads because you're more than likely going to waste tons of money on AdWords.

Depending on what type of business you're running and whether you have competitors, your AdWords campaigns will struggle.

I've worked with companies who have a $500 to $14,000 monthly budget for only AdWords.

Here's a usual scenario: Someone clicks on your ad. They land on your website's homepage, services page, or which ever page. And more than likely, they will browse a bit then click away. Money is gone.

Build landing pages that targets a specific customer and that solves a problem. Want them to call you? Well, why should they? Explain it.

Another tip: keep the copy consistent from the ad to the landing page.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Most ads don't work because anyone can plop down money to buy ads online, but that doesn't mean they understand anything about ads, the internet, PPC, thier target market, copy writing, calls to action....I could go on. Google will gladly take your money. They don't care if you know what you're doing or not.

BNB
06-23-2016, 09:58 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Most ads don't work because anyone can plop down money to buy ads online, but that doesn't mean they understand anything about ads, the internet, PPC, thier target market, copy writing, calls to action....I could go on. Google will gladly take your money. They don't care if you know what you're doing or not.

That's actually not true at all. They definitely care. I have a person at Google that contacts me regularly to go over my AdWords program and make sure I'm doing well. They have quite a bit of infrastructure in place to guide people on AdWords and make sure they are successful with it. Same with Bing.

Harold Mansfield
06-23-2016, 12:43 PM
That's actually not true at all. They definitely care. I have a person at Google that contacts me regularly to go over my AdWords program and make sure I'm doing well. They have quite a bit of infrastructure in place to guide people on AdWords and make sure they are successful with it. Same with Bing.

I probably over stated that. What I mean to say was that you can spend money forever and never learn what you're doing. There is no buffer and you don't get an account rep that makes sure you're doing it right before they take your money. It's self serve.

But yes, they do offer help, videos, there's classes, and so on. You don't have to be in the dark. But because it is self serve, people think it's easy.

nduncan
07-06-2016, 06:59 AM
I have used adwords for a variety of businesses. Some work incredibly well and others fail quite quickly. A lot can depend on the level of competition in your area as well as how IT savy your potential customers are. The good thing about adwords is that it is not overly expensive to test it out and see whether you get any conversions.

chameleos
08-21-2016, 11:14 PM
Google Adwords is most likely the system Google has continued to develop that may help you in marketing your products or services while in the Google Search Engine, and it is affiliate sites, via the use of a placed text ad that appears when anyone look up phrases regarding your offering, this appears for a “sponsored link”. You only pay the amount you have bid for if someone clicks on your ad as a result of a web search, i.e. pay per click, although the system is a “pay per click” system, this means you can dictate where your ad appears through bidding for a series of phrases! If you are starting a online commercial business, this tool is great for you.