PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining video footage for case study

ashlen
01-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Recently a client produced videos for a case study and uploaded it to Google drive. The videos are typically 20 minutes to an hour long and in .mp4 format. The video and audio plays fine in Google drive but when I download the videos do not play right or are without audio. The client was not able to upload the videos to a free Dropbox account which I am not sure if Dropbox would even work. The last resort I have thought of is to send a thumb drive to the client so he can put the videos on there and send back to me.

Does anyone have experience with transferring video or have recommendations?

Harold Mansfield
01-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Recently a client produced videos for a case study and uploaded it to Google drive. The videos are typically 20 minutes to an hour long and in .mp4 format. The video and audio plays fine in Google drive but when I download the videos do not play right or are without audio. The client was not able to upload the videos to a free Dropbox account which I am not sure if Dropbox would even work. The last resort I have thought of is to send a thumb drive to the client so he can put the videos on there and send back to me.

Does anyone have experience with transferring video or have recommendations?

Upload the videos to You Tube and keep them private. Or is the issue that you need to edit them?

ashlen
01-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Yes I do need to edit. Youtube could work because I have an add-on that allows me to download video directly from Youtube. I am not sure how well the quality will transfer though because a number of videos are screen shot recordings which require high quality.

Harold Mansfield
01-18-2016, 04:50 PM
In that case, then maybe that's not the best solution. I think the problem is that you have rather large files and are trying to use free services that are limited.
Another option may be to temporarily use your website server to upload the video file into a folder, and then getting it from there. The problem with that is that both sides would need to know how to use an FTP program, and know enough not to screw up or mess with any other files.