PDA

View Full Version : ACRA- Random checks on business applications

Vivilotta
01-24-2016, 04:26 AM
Dear all!
I had some problems to set-up my own business on bizfile last week and just wanted to hear if anyone else is affected.
The 2 in 1 process of applying for a business name and business (100 sgd) wasn't possible without using an transaction number. After calling the customer service hotline from bizfile to ask where I can get the transaction number from, they told me, that I have to follow the 2 step process of applying for a business name first before I can follow with the business application after approval. I did so and applied for the business name. I got an email that my business name application has been referred to ACRA and I will be notified of the outcome within 14 days to 2 month!!! I called Acra and they told me, that they're doing random checks on business application at the moment and I have to wait. What a pain, as I heard that most of the business names will be approved automatically without further checks.
Is there anyone else having the same problem?

Harold Mansfield
01-24-2016, 11:37 AM
Dear all!
I had some problems to set-up my own business on bizfile last week and just wanted to hear if anyone else is affected.
The 2 in 1 process of applying for a business name and business (100 sgd) wasn't possible without using an transaction number. After calling the customer service hotline from bizfile to ask where I can get the transaction number from, they told me, that I have to follow the 2 step process of applying for a business name first before I can follow with the business application after approval. I did so and applied for the business name. I got an email that my business name application has been referred to ACRA and I will be notified of the outcome within 14 days to 2 month!!! I called Acra and they told me, that they're doing random checks on business application at the moment and I have to wait. What a pain, as I heard that most of the business names will be approved automatically without further checks.
Is there anyone else having the same problem?

I haven't seen where the problem is. The reason they gave you sounds perfectly understandable and legitimate.
I think your frustration comes from the fact that you didn't anticipate anything happening other than what you "heard".

You say it right here:

I heard that most of the business names will be approved automatically without further checks.

Who told you this?
Many people have been steered wrong by relying on something they "heard" rather than finding out for themselves and actually knowing.

Doesn't sound like you're talking about the U.S. so I can't tell you if there's anyway to move things along. Sounds like you'll just have to wait until they finish their check.