PDA

View Full Version : Looking to create some passive income through blood, sweat and tears :)

TheLastPanthers
01-25-2016, 08:40 AM
Hello everyone. I am a 25 y/o male and I work as an investor/online poker player/sports bettor. As the variance in these professions is extremely high, I would like to be able to have a safety net of sorts to make me feel more comfortable when not having a good month in my job. I have my risk spread and have very good bankroll management but still there is a non 0% chance of risk of ruin and going broke.

What would you recommend for someone like me to do to create passive income?

Skills include: Working in high pressure situations while being able to think rationally, good with probability, I consider my social skills to be good also :)

Owen
01-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Hello everyone. I am a 25 y/o male and I work as an investor/online poker player/sports bettor. As the variance in these professions is extremely high, I would like to be able to have a safety net of sorts to make me feel more comfortable when not having a good month in my job. I have my risk spread and have very good bankroll management but still there is a non 0% chance of risk of ruin and going broke.

Skills include: Working in high pressure situations while being able to think rationally, good with probability, I consider my social skills to be good also :)

Get a second job or invest your money into profitable things like real estate or financial securities.

Harold Mansfield
01-25-2016, 11:41 AM

What do you know how to do? Like for a job. What you've listed are good traits to have, but they aren't exactly skills.
Is there any industry or profession that interests you? It's best to start a business doing something you know, or at the very least have the drive to learn.

As a professional gambler do you have any notable tournament titles under your belt? Any notoriety in the field? Anything you could use in like a gamblers resume'?

Maybe you could try what you already know. Books, a blog, and products for gamblers.

KristineS
01-25-2016, 12:45 PM
What do you know how to do? Like for a job. What you've listed are good traits to have, but they aren't exactly skills.
Is there any industry or profession that interests you? It's best to start a business doing something you know, or at the very least have the drive to learn.

As a professional gambler do you have any notable tournament titles under your belt? Any notoriety in the field? Anything you could use in like a gamblers resume'?

Maybe you could try what you already know. Books, a blog, and products for gamblers.

I'd agree with Harold on this one. Leverage the knowledge you already have.

Bobjob
01-25-2016, 02:27 PM
I might say volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. Learn to become a handyman. A handyman who completes the job on time and on budget is worth their weight in gold.