PDA

View Full Version : Building Design Business - Good name?

sethdamien
03-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Basically, im setting up an Architectural firm. What would be a great name for my company? To start with, im interested in foreign sounding names, like the famous firm, Atelier, or maybe some architectural jargon that architects often use to sound smart like, juxtaposition, fenestration, entablature. (or maybe not)

I visualize my services to be general, not just in service to homeowners, but also to commercial real estate, institutions, and even government projects.

Any suggestions?

Harold Mansfield
03-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Basically, im setting up an Architectural firm. What would be a great name for my company? To start with, im interested in foreign sounding names, like the famous firm, Atelier, or maybe some architectural jargon that architects often use to sound smart like, juxtaposition, fenestration, entablature. (or maybe not)

I visualize my services to be general, not just in service to homeowners, but also to commercial real estate, institutions, and even government projects.

Any suggestions?
If you need ideas write a list of words that you like or want to use. Use a thesaurus to find similar words. And then use a domain search to see what is available in the extensions that you want.

I'm sure someone will play domain name bingo with you, but this is something that you need to do for yourself. Most of us aren't going to take time to try and find something for you, that you like.

If you have some ideas that you want to run by us, or questions about choosing a name or domain feel free to ask. We can be more than helpful.

vangogh
03-08-2016, 03:44 PM
I thought the majority architecture firms were named after the architect who founded the company. Isn't it the specific architects that draw clients?

Like Harold said, this is really something you have to do. None of us are going to be able to come up with a name that you like. I know it's hard to come up with a company name, but I think only the people naming the company really have a chance of coming up with something they'll be happy with.