PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

romels33
03-23-2016, 02:05 AM
Hello all,

My name is Romel and I am a Freelance Software Developer. I am a newbie here and I'm hoping to connect with other small business owners on the forum to gain knowledge, get advice and possibly even provide my services to those who may need custom software development. :) Currently, I am a one man-show in terms of software development (hence freelancing), but it is a goal of mine to eventually start a small software/web development company. I have only been on this forum for 2 days now and already have learned a lot about business in general, just by reading other people's posts and questions. Thank you all so very much and I sure hope to learn more, and hopefully contribute as well.

Romel

vangogh
03-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the forum Romel. I'm glad you've already found good information here and we'll do our best to provide more. Just ask away if you have any questions and jump into any thread when you have something to add. Looking forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

Owen
03-23-2016, 12:22 PM
Welcome! I wish I lived in California :(

David Hunter
03-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Welcome, Romel!

Mmm... California. Beautiful.

romels33
03-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Oh come on guys! California is not all that.... We only get good warm weather and plenty of beaches...... lolol :) Yeah, I like CA for the most part, but I live in the northern Sacramento area, so i don't see any of those beaches anyways. :)

Cheers!

Owen
03-24-2016, 09:17 PM
Oh come on guys! California is not all that.... We only get good warm weather and plenty of beaches...... lolol :) Yeah, I like CA for the most part, but I live in the northern Sacramento area, so i don't see any of those beaches anyways. :)

Cheers!

If I moved to California I'd probably live in Mountain View. I wish I could afford to live in California :( *cough* houses are 1mil+ *cough*

romels33
03-25-2016, 12:32 PM
If I moved to California I'd probably live in Mountain View. I wish I could afford to live in California :( *cough* houses are 1mil+ *cough*

Yep, I grew up in Sunnyvale, which is only a few miles away from Mountain View. Right now, I don't think you could get a house over there for under 800K. And the crazy thing is that investors with deep pockets will compete and fight over a 2 bedroom house on a 5000 sqft lot! IT and Software Development jobs are abundant there, but the cost of living is way too high for me. So, my wife and I settled for a 250k home in northern Sacramento instead... =)

Cheers!

David Hunter
03-25-2016, 04:43 PM
Ah, so you're in the desert. I've driven through Sacramento, but that was it. I've been to the other three big towns. :-)

Daniel160
04-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Hello Romel, welcome to this forum, since you are a software developer, do you have or know some tools for web promotion? what software is there good for an on line business site promotion?

romels33
04-18-2016, 02:53 AM
Hmmmm, I don't think I know of any Daniel.... =) Sorry. I'm sure there are software out there that can help you promote your site, but I don't think you should heavily rely on software to promote your business in general. You sell cool hats by the way.... =)

Romel