PDA

View Full Version : Which department

bbqgal
03-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone!

New to the business...

If I have a benefit related product to offer, which department will be the best one to approach?

bbqgal

vangogh
03-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum bbqgal. I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean which department here at the forum? If so, you shouldn't approach anyone since we don't allow members to directly promote or sell through the forum.

If you mean business in general, it depends on the business and the product you have to offer. Can you provide some specifics about your product and what kind of business it would benefit?

bbqgal
03-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Vangogh,

Thank you!!

I meant which department will be best to approach for a small business when consider benefit related product. What I do is help companies and individuasl saving on their medical expenses by offer bounded Telhealth, health advocacy, discounted pet & legal service with a very small monthly membership fee (9-$20 depended on the service and the size of the group.) Would HR be the best department?

Thanks again!
bbqgal

IgniteGOC
03-30-2016, 10:48 PM
Welcome here!

I understand your question now, you're asking the quickest way to the decision maker.

Most small businesses won't have an HR department, but you're on the right path! Depending on the size of the business, let's say under $10M, I'd say go straight to the owner! Your secretary (AKA the gate keeper) generally passes vague info along, not allowing you to show real value. Head straight to the owner, and if they aren't making those decisions, they'll hand you off to the person who does. This is also a GREAT way to get introduced to the correct person! You'll get a lot more of their attention when the owner introduces you