PDA

View Full Version : How to endorse check?

mikehende
07-17-2016, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, I had a personal check made out to me but wish to use that to pay to someone else. I am seeing on the back of the check where it says "Endorse here", whose name do I put there, mine or the person's? Also do I print or sign whatever name please?

Freelancier
07-17-2016, 03:01 PM
https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-sign-a-check-over-to-someone-else

Harold Mansfield
07-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Hey guys, I had a personal check made out to me but wish to use that to pay to someone else. I am seeing on the back of the check where it says "Endorse here", whose name do I put there, mine or the person's? Also do I print or sign whatever name please?

You endorse a check by signing your name to the back of it. They can then deposit that check into their account.

mikehende
07-17-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks, when signing my name does it need to be legible so my full name can easily be read or should I sign with my normal signature please?

Fulcrum
07-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Or cash the check, wait for it to clear, then pay your other bill.

Harold Mansfield
07-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Thanks, when signing my name does it need to be legible so my full name can easily be read or should I sign with my normal signature please?
Normal signature. The one you use all of the time and that is on file most places. I'm always on a keyboard so now my handwriting and signature look like I've had a stroke. But it is what it is. I sign for everything the same way. Actually at this point it's mainly initials now. If it gets compared they compare it by the way you always sign it. Don't over think it.

nealrm
07-17-2016, 09:41 PM
I think a better solution is to either deposit or cash the check. Then write a second check to pay the person.

mikehende
07-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Normal signature. The one you use all of the time and that is on file most places. I'm always on a keyboard so now my handwriting and signature look like I've had a stroke. But it is what it is. I sign for everything the same way. Actually at this point it's mainly initials now. If it gets compared they compare it by the way you always sign it. Don't over think it.

Got it, will do, appreciate the help guys!