PDA

View Full Version : Gift Basket Companies

Dawn
07-23-2016, 06:00 AM
How do gift basket companies work? Say you get majority if not all of your products from a certain company, why would they sell to you when they could do it themselves? It's really just assembling the various goods into a new package. Is this a viable business? Could I just buy wholesale from them and do my thing? How and where does liability fall?
Sorry for the rapid-fire questions, but they've been on my mind and I've yet to find answers.

Harold Mansfield
07-23-2016, 12:33 PM
How do gift basket companies work? Say you get majority if not all of your products from a certain company, why would they sell to you when they could do it themselves? It's really just assembling the various goods into a new package. Is this a viable business? Could I just buy wholesale from them and do my thing? How and where does liability fall?
Sorry for the rapid-fire questions, but they've been on my mind and I've yet to find answers.

These days the people or companies that I see offering gift baskets offer it as an additional service to products they already make.
Like bakeries, deli's, adult shops, flower shops, candy shops and so on.

Then there's the corporate level people who do gift baskets and swag bags for events and private parties.
I've also built a website or two for personal concierge services that also offer specialty gift baskets for kids parties, bacheloorette and wedding parties, baby showers and so on.

My first question is, who is your market?

Dawn
07-25-2016, 02:10 AM
That's the trouble, most companies do their own thing. I'm not so much into gift baskets, but the idea is the same. My idea is based around the packaging, but I need the items to go inside. The market I'm after are artists in a specific medium. There are only a handful of companies and one major company that produces majority of the items. They even have their own kit, but it's bulky and what I have in mind is sleeker and easier with a couple of items swapped out. I've been using a prototype for years, so I know it's better.