PDA

View Full Version : Removing limits of PayPal

Stefany
04-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Hi fellow business ladies/gentlemen,

For those in the US, you know that there is a 1k withdraw limit of your PayPal account. To remove it, you need to provide your social. I am a little on the fence since I do not like giving my social number to anyone who isn't the government, have you done it and was everything OK?

Harold Mansfield
04-02-2017, 09:32 PM

For those in the US, you know that there is a 1k withdraw limit of your PayPal account. To remove it, you need to provide your social. I am a little on the fence since I do not like giving my social number to anyone who isn't the government, have you done it and was everything OK?

Pay Pal conforms to federal banking laws. No way around it. Maybe with a business account you can use an EIN. I've had a Pay Pal account for over 10 years. No issues.

cbscreative
04-03-2017, 10:53 AM
No issues for me either and it's been about 15 years.

Owen
04-03-2017, 12:51 PM

Don't go into business if you're scared about people having your social.

BusinessFundingPro
04-03-2017, 01:42 PM
They need your social to avoid money laundering, funding terrorism, etc. As long as the business that asks for it is reputable and has encryption ("https" in the url), and you are who you say you are, you should be fine.

JeffVegas
04-04-2017, 06:46 AM
I use PayPal for over 9 years and no problems at all.

Stefany
04-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the replies, you guys! I am just scared because there are numerious articles on the web saying how bad it is to trust PayPal. http://www.paypalsucks.com/view_story.php?name=use_caution_when_giving_social _security_number_to_paypal

Since most of you have used it for a long time, I suppose it is fine then.

Stefany
04-13-2017, 03:10 PM
Don't go into business if you're scared about people having your social.

it is very true.

Harold Mansfield
04-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the replies, you guys! I am just scared because there are numerious articles on the web saying how bad it is to trust PayPal. http://www.paypalsucks.com/view_story.php?name=use_caution_when_giving_social _security_number_to_paypal

Since most of you have used it for a long time, I suppose it is fine then.
You should know by now that you can find articles on the web that tell you not to trust your own Mother, and then to "click here" for a new Mother alternative.

The site you're referencing looks like it was built in 1995. Vague "I knew a guy" folklore on a website that wants to you "click here". Does it look credible and trustworthy to you?

cbscreative
04-14-2017, 11:13 AM
LOL, Harold, you even got me to click on the link. Yeah, don't trust PP, trust me instead. Can't you tell from this site how honest I am?

Owen
04-14-2017, 11:42 AM
I'm going to make a website called oxygensucks.com and convince people breathing is bad. That'll eliminate the stupid people.

Fulcrum
04-14-2017, 01:29 PM
That'll eliminate the stupid people.

It'll never happen.

Harold Mansfield
04-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Pay Pay is as safe as anyone else who has your social security number. If anything on that website was remotely true they wouldn't be able to operate in the United States and would probably be brought up on criminal charges.

cbscreative
04-17-2017, 11:37 AM
I'm going to make a website called oxygensucks.com and convince people breathing is bad. That'll eliminate the stupid people.

It'll never happen.

No matter how stupid, they still manage to figure out how to reproduce.

cbscreative
04-17-2017, 11:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dONyv-Cwkoo

I thought I would add this for a short distraction from your business activities. Pay very close attention at the start of the video and see the serious lane drift of the pickup.

WARNING: Stupid people act and talk stupid. Content not suitable for most office environments. Extreme language due to limited vocabulary.

PS: Also note the kids are not buckled in.

Owen
04-18-2017, 03:12 PM
No matter how stupid, they still manage to figure out how to reproduce.
Kill it before it lays eggs