PDA

View Full Version : Outsourcing Is it good or bad ???

IshaKiken
06-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Hello, I was wondering what are your thoughts about hiring outsourcing? I started my own teaching business, but I don`t have the time to manage my emails, my classes schedule and my appointments anymore. I need assistance but is to expensive to hire some one just for a few hours. what would you do in my situation?

Harold Mansfield
06-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Hello, I was wondering what are your thoughts about hiring outsourcing? I started my own teaching business, but I don`t have the time to manage my emails, my classes schedule and my appointments anymore. I need assistance but is to expensive to hire some one just for a few hours. what would you do in my situation?

Find better tools to help get organized and learn how to use them.
Compare the economics. Buying or subscribing to some good tools to help you be more efficient is cheaper than hiring someone, or falling behind and costing yourself business.

The things you are trying to keep up with are common things that people do everyday. Without knowing the details, there are tools.

Just as an example:

I run 5 Twitter accounts, and 2 collections on G+. Nothing special. Maybe a thousand followers here and there. I just like keeping them up. I've set up Google news alerts of related articles and info, and follow the industry directly. Generally in the evening when I'm cooking dinner, or on Friday happy hour during my first beer, I'll go through the email alerts, pick and choose which to share on which account using apps on my phone that let me manage multiple accounts, stagger and schedule messages, and cross promote.

Takes me about 3 minutes or less. to schedule posts for all 7 accounts. 3 years ago that would have taken me the better part of an hour. A day.

When I make an appointment for a conference call, I used to manually open the outlook or Google calendar, type in all the info, set the time, and save it.
Now I just tell Alexa ( which I have set to call "computer" because Star Trek) to add (whatever to my calendar). Done. Automatic reminders. I can add or adjust it the same way. Google calendar is connected to Outlook, so I can do that from anywhere, any time, using Alexa or "OK Google".

My point, tools exist to make it easier. You may have to play with a few things to find the right fit, but the cool toys exist.

Let's drill down some specifics.

What kind of computer, and devices do you use?
Windows? Apple? Android? Older or newer?

Do you already use any products like MS Office?

IshaKiken
06-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Find better tools to help get organized and learn how to use them.
Compare the economics. Buying or subscribing to some good tools to help you be more efficient is cheaper than hiring someone, or falling behind and costing yourself business.

The things you are trying to keep up with are common things that people do everyday. Without knowing the details, there are tools.

Just as an example:

I run 5 Twitter accounts, and 2 collections on G+. Nothing special. Maybe a thousand followers here and there. I just like keeping them up. I've set up Google news alerts of related articles and info, and follow the industry directly. Generally in the evening when I'm cooking dinner, or on Friday happy hour during my first beer, I'll go through the email alerts, pick and choose which to share on which account using apps on my phone that let me manage multiple accounts, stagger and schedule messages, and cross promote.

Takes me about 3 minutes or less. to schedule posts for all 7 accounts. 3 years ago that would have taken me the better part of an hour. A day.

When I make an appointment for a conference call, I used to manually open the outlook or Google calendar, type in all the info, set the time, and save it.
Now I just tell Alexa ( which I have set to call "computer" because Star Trek) to add (whatever to my calendar). Done. Automatic reminders. I can add or adjust it the same way. Google calendar is connected to Outlook, so I can do that from anywhere, any time, using Alexa or "OK Google".

My point, tools exist to make it easier. You may have to play with a few things to find the right fit, but the cool toys exist.

Let's drill down some specifics.

What kind of computer, and devices do you use?
Windows? Apple? Android? Older or newer?

Do you already use any products like MS Office?

well I have a Samsung J7 , I have a laptop acer Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems
Iīm not into Ios devices ... I have heard about a service that is Virtual Assistant an acquaintance recommended me, but I donīt know about this topic have you heard something about it?:)

Harold Mansfield
06-02-2017, 06:44 PM
well I have a Samsung J7 , I have a laptop acer Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems
Iīm not into Ios devices ... I have heard about a service that is Virtual Assistant an acquaintance recommended me, but I donīt know about this topic have you heard something about it?
Do you use any Google products or services? Maybe your schedule issue can be solved with Google calendar. It's cross compatible with pretty much anything, you can invite people to subscribe to it, and make it public for all to see. I'm pretty sure educators everywhere use it for classroom schedules.

Not sure how your emails are set up, but not being able to keep up with emails is a common complaint. Still, it may be with the organization and the tools.
I hate seeming like I'm self promoting, but I wrote a blog post about "doing email better" a few days ago. It's snarky, but I think it has some good tips that may help:
https://haroldmansfield.com/10-ways-to-organize-your-emails-and-do-business-like-a-grown-up/

Using Google calendar and email alone puts both those things in the same dashboard, cross compatible with everything, they are integrated with each other and for $5mo. (per email) for the full Google G-Suite service, there's actually a lot of organizational and productivity tools.
https://gsuite.google.com/

MattoCl
07-22-2017, 08:33 AM
As long as you can handle on your own and as long as your knowledge is enough, you do not need an outsourcing company. But if you can't do everything on your own, then it is a wise move to hire one. For example, few years ago i moved to Bulgaria. There i started my own small business. I was reselling this and that, then I started importing and selling more, for more profit. Then i decided to start producing my own products and even export them. While all this was happening, I hired and fired so many people, that I do not even remember how many are they. Nothing personal, just they were not as qualified and skilled as they pretended to be. Then I reached the point where I was unable to handle with everything. I realised that it is cheaper and easier to start working with an outsourcing company, than to recruit my own team for some specific tasks. Now I do what I am good at, and they do all the hard work for me.