PDA

View Full Version : Starting fashion brand

Leviwalda99
09-24-2017, 05:04 AM
I am quite young, but my dream of what I want to do in my life is starting a fashion brand. But I dont know how to start such company. How do i get my manifacturers? Whats the best way of financing such a company, crowdfunding? I hope you guys can help me with a startup plan.

Owen
09-24-2017, 09:05 PM
You should figure out what the heck you're designing before anything. If you're just making graphics on a t-shirt, design them. If you're making custom dresses, design them first. Learn how to sew. Next, find a local printing company and see if they do custom designs. If they do, you can buy bulk inventory and then sell it.

Leviwalda99
09-25-2017, 03:14 AM
I want to design my own clothing, so what i hope you could help with is where and how i could could manufacturers. For now on i think i will search for manufacturers in portugal, but im not sure.

Harold Mansfield
09-25-2017, 02:01 PM
I want to design my own clothing, so what i hope you could help with is where and how i could could manufacturers. For now on i think i will search for manufacturers in portugal, but im not sure.

Are you currently a clothing designers, or is this something you need to also learn? If you have some kind of training in this, you should have a basic grasp about manufacturing and a connection or two in the industry that could help answer questions like this.

Sounds like you're winging it right now and have no education or training in any of this.
Correctly me if I'm wrong.

Owen
09-25-2017, 08:03 PM
Are you currently a clothing designers, or is this something you need to also learn? If you have some kind of training in this, you should have a basic grasp about manufacturing and a connection or two in the industry that could help answer questions like this.

Sounds like you're winging it right now and have no education or training in any of this.
Correctly me if I'm wrong.
Agreed. You should probably get some experience before you start winging it.

Bobby B
03-30-2020, 05:51 PM
i'd say you need to do a lot of research. figure out a niche. you're to broad. and they're right you're wingin it to much..

Sophia James
02-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Follow your dreams

christinarobert
03-18-2021, 06:27 AM
Firstly you need to plan the brands name and get a logo created. Secondly create a website and social media account on different platforms. Thirdly if you require finance then find a partner to help you invest or get a loan. Fourthly you need to find good suppliers that provide reasonably prices and good quality product. Lastly market your brand and get sales from selling your product but make sure you plan your pricing which is important.

Melisasmith
04-19-2021, 02:38 AM
Hello Owen,

I agree with you.

PrintUS
09-01-2021, 03:27 AM
I'd say that the website is the essential thing for any idea today. You can start with figuring out how your site will look like and how people will find you. Advantages of having a site:
https://themeisle.com/blog/do-i-need-a-website-for-my-business/

Also, you can even create your own app for this reason. Nice articles about minimal viable product creating and testing for the future app:
https://www.ycombinator.com/library/6f-how-to-plan-an-mvp
https://www.azoft.com/blog/testing-mvp/

I hope it helped. Good luck with your idea!

myaccountinglab
01-02-2022, 02:00 AM
I think, you have to start your own brand. For starting with brand, you need lot of effort to start new business.

journalist55
01-31-2022, 11:53 AM
I think this is great advice for someone first starting out. The brand's name and logo will determine a great deal for the company, if it grabs attention easily, what kind of audience, etc. Also, social media is crucial in branding and advertising your company.