PDA

View Full Version : how do i get books to use for my online library service

tndex
05-13-2018, 01:36 PM
HI
I am starting a new business which is similar to the kindle unlimited book service. My question is how do i get the books for my library as in do i need permission or do i just buy the books and inform the publisher, what consent do i need and who do i get it from. I know it sound like the basics i would have to know but this is proving the most difficult to find out any help would be very much appreciated
Thank you

Harold Mansfield
05-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Wil your library be in some sort of niche, or just a general library of every possible book in the world?

Paul
05-13-2018, 07:42 PM
HI
I am starting a new business which is similar to the kindle unlimited book service. My question is how do i get the books for my library as in do i need permission or do i just buy the books and inform the publisher, what consent do i need and who do i get it from. I know it sound like the basics i would have to know but this is proving the most difficult to find out any help would be very much appreciated
Thank you

I would say, unless the book is public domain you will most likely need to license from the publisher or make some other arrangements. You can't just resell without permission.

tndex
05-14-2018, 09:33 AM
yes it is a sort of niche the basic premise being to give a platform to 3rd world authors to reach a wider audience i.e african authors reaching the african diaspora market in europe america etc

tndex
05-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Thanks Paul will have to make a list of publishers and contact directly

RjMaan
06-25-2018, 10:15 AM
Well, if you have a licensed books than you can sell them on your library moreover you can also ask some writers to write for you. There are number of authentic sites like Wikipedia and Qanda that can help regarding data and references for them.