PDA

View Full Version : Business Checks Name?

Reloadthis
04-12-2019, 12:18 AM
I currently have a LLC that has 3 fictitious names registered with the state. I have a business checking account that has the LLC as the account holder and the fictitious names authorized to receive payments. But my bank is requesting that my business checks that I order be titled with the LLC then fictitious name. Example John Doe, LLC - DBA Midwest Plumbing. I've searched all over for any rules or regulations concerning this and can not find anything. I want my business checks to only have the fictitious name. And the bank isn't budging, is this common?

billbenson
04-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Seems pretty strange but I'm running into some things with Wells Fargo that are kind of strange on a personal account. What bank are you using? Seems like a cya thing...

Reloadthis
04-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Local credit union, it was resolved today. The main branch business manager apologized. And said I can use the fictitious names only on the checks. He's also requiring business banking retraining of the employees at my local branch.

Evan
04-15-2019, 11:45 AM
I currently have a LLC that has 3 fictitious names registered with the state. I have a business checking account that has the LLC as the account holder and the fictitious names authorized to receive payments. But my bank is requesting that my business checks that I order be titled with the LLC then fictitious name. Example John Doe, LLC - DBA Midwest Plumbing. I've searched all over for any rules or regulations concerning this and can not find anything. I want my business checks to only have the fictitious name. And the bank isn't budging, is this common?

As long as the fictitious names are filed, you should be able to use just the fictitious name. Glad to see it was resolved.