PDA

View Full Version : Need Advertising Ideas

brain357
07-10-2019, 10:49 PM
I am looking for just what sort of advertising I should be doing. My site is about 20 years old and sell medieval items like weapons, armor, clothing, jewelry.... Sales were down last year and continuing this year. I think its a combination of increased competition and some technical website issues I've had. Due to selling "weapons" I am limited by paid marketing. Facebook won't let me do any ads that link to my website. I run some that get me new newsletter subscribers, but that's about the best I can do. I use google shopping and have some success. It is weird though because I have over 100 items on my feed, but the same 6 items seem to get all the clicks. I think there is room for improvement here, but not sure how much. I am not currently doing google search ads. I was going to, but nobody else currently seems to be, so I worry they have a problem with weapons. It seems odd that google shopping has swords, but google search has no ads for swords. So I am looking for some new ideas on advertising as I need to increase sales. I'm constantly working on seo improvements, but that seems like a long term game and really need a quick jump in sales.

fourwaysmedia
07-15-2019, 06:28 PM
Hello, just going off of what you’re saying I would recommend the following...

• Update your site, keep it modern, fast and clean
• Keep up to date with Google’s updates
• Make sure your site is mobile friendly
• Use videos - campaigns, product reviews, first page on your website showing your top selling product(s)
• Use multiple social media accounts but just be careful what you post as I know weapons is a big no no for Facebook
• Try to build your own personal brand, show the face behind the business, tell your audience exactly why and or how you started your business.
• Build an email list other than a newsletter list - running competitions has got to be one of the easiest ways
• Connect with similar businesses

I hope these ideas help and please message me if you have any questions :)

brain357
07-16-2019, 07:52 PM

• Use videos - campaigns, product reviews, first page on your website showing your top selling product(s)
• Use multiple social media accounts but just be careful what you post as I know weapons is a big no no for Facebook
• Try to build your own personal brand, show the face behind the business, tell your audience exactly why and or how you started your business.
• Build an email list other than a newsletter list - running competitions has got to be one of the easiest ways

I think I have all that covered pretty well. But need something fast as most of those seem pretty long term. Last year google chrome decided to stop recognizing my security, and business went way down. By the time I figured out the issue I had already decided on a big update for the site. After fixing sales came back strong through February, but then the new site took over and has been slow since. New site seems better in every way, so not sure what issue is. I didn't think it would make a huge difference as I stayed on Bigcommerce and just changed from blueprint to stencil and got a new design. All the urls and stuff remained unchanged. Looking at something quicker for now in paid advertising. But as mentioned my options are limited. Going back to Bing ads for now and looking at options like Infolinks Adshop. Hoping for some good ideas.

Enablement Data
10-30-2019, 12:33 PM

Couldn’t have put it better...great outline to follow!

SkyWriting
11-15-2019, 09:02 AM
I'm constantly working on seo improvements, but that seems like a long term game and really need a quick jump in sales.

Get a drawing movie of sword fighting cats. You can facebook promote the video that happens to be on your website.

For lower budget, get sword fighting cats cartoon strip on your site.
See "cartoon giggs" on fiverr or other freelance sites.

https://www.small-business-forum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1044&stc=1

SkyWriting
11-15-2019, 09:09 AM
It is weird though because I have over 100 items on my feed, but the same 6 items seem to get all the clicks.

Some items have low competition and you have no control over how big the competition is for any one product.

Sure "Pink" is a popular singer, but competition might be zero for a particular lesser star.
You get the clicks because you are the only person to carry something.

Or maybe one very popular person linked to your 6 items.

Your task is to keep every customer, for life.
http://www.ilovemarketingcomo.com/uploads/7/4/9/9/7499694/paw_8_profit_activators_worksheet.pdf

Kristyn
03-16-2020, 08:45 AM
There are many peoples who give you best idea's, So, I decided I also give you my best opinion that how to advertised your product. You can make Instagram account and also make YouTube Channel and share your products with a perfect offer. You can get best inspiration here www.instagram.com/ustradeent & https://www.ustradeent.com that how this site can share their products at social media and also make short videos and uploaded on Youtube channel, I'm also inspired of their branding and advertising strategy that is awesome.

chrismarklee
07-19-2020, 09:41 PM
I do Income taxes for locals. I get my new customers by relationship building with Facebook locals one at a time.

myaccountinglab
01-09-2021, 05:49 AM
I just redesign my website www.abdulghaffar.com. But i am facing indexing issue. I see that i have multiple blogs post that are not Indexing. What is best solution to inxdex them.

gimli
01-12-2021, 02:08 AM
YOu should try upselling or cross-selling along with those six fast-moving items on your online store.
I would say with regards to adwords its great that they are strict on the sword or weapon keywords this means their wont be much competition on it. Those restrictions only apply to your ad copy so you can still target the actual keywords, you may just word your ads differently yes you will get a lower quality score because you aren't using keywords, swords to weapons on your ad copy but I suspect with such low competition that wont matter. Actually having searched swords I see they are on search ads so google doesn't seem to have an issue with that word. Weapons may be another issue though.

I would also go to forums - I think that where a lot of weapon enthusiasts hang out because social media probably wouldn't allow this either, Ive seen a ton of gun forums so there will a few on medieval weapons out there.

christinarobert
02-23-2021, 05:27 AM
There are many ways where you could market such items which could be done through twitter or instagram which are two popular social media sites that you could use for ads as well. For FB you could use for other products that you provide where you could provide the stores link and location. Through personal inbox you could inform them about your weapons section as well by sending catalogues or pictures.

Homerun Hitter
04-19-2021, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the tips included in this thread. We're six years in business and have hit a bit of a flat spot. We want to grow this year, so I'm focusing more and more on our social media presence and website redesign. Thanks again. HH

journalist55
03-03-2022, 04:57 PM
I would use social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook. You can post photos of your items and it will probably reach more people than a website would today.