PDA

View Full Version : review my new website?

huggytree
07-24-2019, 02:03 PM
Havent been here in a few years, but im back...wanted to see if I could get some opinions on my new website (sadly its on page 9 of a google search right now)

www.waukeshawaterheater.com

I have a normal website www.waukeshaplumbing.com and decided I wanted to target water heaters more and have a specific website just for that purpose...when someone types in Waukesha water heater I want to have (2) websites on page 1. Right now my main website is doing well for all my search terms...I just wanted to increase my odds of a click with a 2nd website.

let me know what you think?
thanks
Dave

beetee
07-25-2019, 07:06 PM
Dave, I am very picky about websites and both are well done. I like white space and easy to read. One of the other threads here mentions ranking. Videos help with ranking. Backlinks in the youtube description and everything social circles back to the site. When you give the customer a specific search that helps them make the decision like the specific water heater which is high ticket $$$.

turboguy
07-27-2019, 12:04 AM
I took a quick look at both sites and I thought they were quite good. I like the colors, the layout, the menu and the photos. One of the things that impressed me about both was I thought both sites did an excellent job of selling the products and services which is rare in a web site.

CourtneyJ
07-28-2019, 10:55 AM
Hi Dave! Your websites are not bad but I see a lot of room for improvement, for example your site is not optimized for mobile, it could definitely look better and more professional and you can improve your SEO by updating all of your directories! If you want a full report I’ll be happy to audit your websites and give it to you for free so you can see exactly what needs to be done, what would be the best email address to send it to?

mgandy
07-29-2019, 08:34 PM
I'm not really understanding why you would want to spend the time and resources to rank two different sites for the same products and services. You would be better off increasing the rankings you have and work on building up your brand. If you simply trying to take two spots up on the serps you can have a service page and then write a blog post that is broadly related to the service page and rank them both. If you are in area with less competition ranking multiple pages of your site in the same search should be fairly easy. You just want to be careful not to run into keyword cannibalization.

huggytree
07-31-2019, 01:45 PM
under some search terms my website comes up multiple times on page one already. Ive got a 3rd website for my hometown and it comes up for a hometown search along with my main website. I figure if I can have 2 or 3 things on page 1 to click on that will increase the chances of me getting a phone call.

This new website is taking a while to get to page 1 (I think its page 9). Since its the exact search term id think many searchers would use I was hoping it will make it to page 1 eventually.

My website business has increased from 6-7 jobs a month to 10-12 jobs a month in the past year. Hoping the new website could grab me 2-3 more water heaters a month eventually. I had thoughts of doing more websites for other local cities if it works out. I already have a page in my main website for each city and water heaters, so it comes up already for most cities on page 1.

Im always looking for a magic trick to get more website calls. My main website brings 10% of my gross sales a year. would be nice to get it up to 20-25%

DataDave
08-06-2019, 06:10 PM
I really like the designs. I've seen a bunch of customers websites that are just terrible. You're doing something right, that's for sure.

SkyWriting
11-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Havent been here in a few years, but im back...wanted to see if I could get some opinions on my new website (sadly its on page 9 of a google search right now)
www.waukeshawaterheater.com (http://www.waukeshawaterheater.com)
I have a normal website www.waukeshaplumbing.com (http://www.waukeshaplumbing.com) and decided I wanted to target water heaters more and have a specific website just for that purpose...when someone types in Waukesha water heater I want to have (2) websites on page 1. Right now my main website is doing well for all my search terms...I just wanted to increase my odds of a click with a 2nd website.
let me know what you think?
thanks
Dave

Provide A FREE RECORDED MESSAGE. In the message go over what to look for in a water heater. Provide value at every step. Promote yourself by being an expert who knows all about heaters.
Have a list of alternate services for what you don't carry.

This will help:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ilovemarketing/Breakthrough+DNA.pdf