PDA

View Full Version : Starting a business and registering it

benedik123
09-29-2020, 06:47 AM
Hey guys,

I'm an electrical engineer by profession. I was working under an electrical contractor for ten years. Recently, One of my colleagues resigned to start an electrical contracting business. But he has some doubts when it comes to registering the business. He asked me regarding it, and I had no idea. So I just thought of discussing it with you guys. He has fixed an appointment with a sole proprietorship registration consulting company by the end of this week.

But I doubt, is it too risky to start an electrical contracting business under sole proprietorship? What do you guys think? Is a sole proprietorship or partnership registration is better for this kind of business?

Thanks!

Melanie O
10-16-2020, 10:00 AM
Hey guys,

I'm an electrical engineer by profession. I was working under an electrical contractor for ten years. Recently, One of my colleagues resigned to start an electrical contracting business. But he has some doubts when it comes to registering the business. He asked me regarding it, and I had no idea. So I just thought of discussing it with you guys. He has fixed an appointment with a sole proprietorship registration consulting company by the end of this week.

But I doubt, is it too risky to start an electrical contracting business under sole proprietorship? What do you guys think? Is a sole proprietorship or partnership registration is better for this kind of business?

Thanks!

Tell him to just form an LLC. It will be taxed the same but it can be helpful to shield him personally from legal liability.

Boots
10-27-2020, 11:43 PM
If it's going to be a real business, agreed with the LLC. There are annual costs to having one that could make a difference financially if the business doesn't really bring in much revenue.

Sophia James
02-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Which suits you better go for it