PDA

View Full Version : I seen the "google mobile" today!!

lav
01-06-2010, 05:55 AM
I took my family to the beach today and on the way we passed the google mobile....well Im 99.9% sure it was a google van. It was a white van with about a 3 or 4 foot black tripod type thing on the roof with 5 little boxes on top with lenses facing in different directions (it had some other gadgets attached to the roof as well)

My 2 sons (nerds in training) and I were over excited and I nearly crashed I was that excited to see it. My wife however did not understand at first what we were talking about.

WOW! we actually saw one. My 11yr old son got home from the beach and instantly called his friends to tell them about it.....lol he has also already checked the intersection we were at on google earth hoping they snapped a shot of us but was dissapointed that its not updated live hehe

vangogh
01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Shh...don't let the Googleplex know you've seen them. Now you've done it :)

Pretty cool to see them in action. I think you're the first person I know who's mentioned seeing them in action.

nighthawk
01-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Your topic is a little misleading after wednesdays announcement. Google launch new mobile phone to rival the iphone (http://itn.co.uk/541449c9162f3d395f26250c39a2c128.html) :P

What you are referring to are the google street view cars. I believe the images are only uploaded in batches, so it may be a few months before they are updated. My car is on there, happily sitting away on the drive, it appeared online a few months after I moved house.

KristineS
01-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Wow, that is kind of cool. It's a bit weird to think of them out there driving around snapping pictures though.

vangogh
01-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Your topic is a little misleading

I was thinking phone when I first clicked into the thread too. Didn't take long to realize the thread was about the cars though.

rezzy
01-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I have the phone which competes with the iphone. Based on the google platform.

Wish I could have seen the google cars, I would have struck a funny pose.

painperdu
01-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I saw it about two years ago. It was a small car with a pole on the roof. It had the google logo on it. I waved at it but it didn't catch me.

lav
01-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Your topic is a little misleading after wednesdays announcementoops I should have thought but was too excited.

Im not too fussed on the google phone announcement as they have refused to announce a date (or if at all) it will be released in Australia. I hope once it is released to all the important countries we can have the opportunity to be included somewhere in the distant future. Until then we will continue to use our iphones because at least Apple think that we are worthy.