PDA

View Full Version : My poor husband's 40th birthday...

Patrysha
01-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I had to spend his birthday money and then some on a plumber today because we just discovered our house has a tree root issue. Ack!

All is well now other than the heavy duty tossing and scrubbing and bleaching that I'll have to treat the basement to...plus we'll have to replace most of the flooring.

Spider
01-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Cook him a special meal, add a bottle of California sparkling wine, suggest you both get dressed for dinner. He'll likely appreciate your love and attention more than whatever you were planning to buy him.

Patrysha
01-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I cooked him the dinner of his choice (it's family tradition that the b-day person gets what they want for dinner), bought him a six pack of his favorite beer and scrubbed the tub so he could have a bath...

He said it was the best birthday ever...lol.

He wasn't really being facetious either...we've had some really rough birthdays for him over the years. Like 10 years ago we were in the middle of our Escape from Tuktoyaktuk and were on a two day layover in Whitehorse while waiting for the Greyhound (because the flights in did not correspond with bus days).

For some reason for many years we always managed to get into fights on his birthday. He pointed it out to me about three years ago and since then I've made an effort to avoid that...

Spider
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
What a colorful life you must have had!

Patrysha
01-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Had?? The first twenty years was just the warm up act!

Okay technically we don't hit our 20th anniversary of the night we met for a couple of months...but meh after this long what's a month or two here or there?

Here's a New Year post I wrote about that chapter...
10 Years After : Mind Journey (http://mommypress.com/mindjourney/2009/12/13/10-years-after/)

KristineS
01-19-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm glad you got the plumbing issue cleared up. As for the birthday, a favorite dinner, a favorite beverage and celebrating with those you love sounds like a pretty good birthday to me.

Harold Mansfield
01-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Like 10 years ago we were in the middle of our Escape from Tuktoyaktuk and were on a two day layover in Whitehorse while waiting for the Greyhound (because the flights in did not correspond with bus days).

I didn't understand any of that. Amazing how little I know about Canada, being so close and having grown up in Detroit right across from Windsor.

Patrysha
01-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Don't feel bad about that...these are places most Canadians don't know about and have rarely heard of.

Tuk was famous for holding a Molson Canadian Metallica Concert once many, many years ago. It's on the edge of the Beaufort Delta Sea at the end of the McEnzie River. Find a map...and look waaaaay up into the edges of the Arctic and then look for a tiny, tiny dot of about 1000 ppl. That would be Tuk. Think a ghetto in the coldest, most bleak Armageddon type setting you can think of...that would likely cover it if you have a good imagination.

apsona
01-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Happy Birthday to your husband and best wishes for a great year ahead!