PDA

View Full Version : BBB update

huggytree
03-17-2010, 09:35 PM
I joined the BBB about 6 months ago because i was told a small % of people shop for a contractor on the BBB website.

so far ZERO calls.

i wont be renewing in 6 months thats for sure...im planning on taking their logo off my next business cards in preparation....

anyone a member of the BBB and get jobs from it>?

Dan Furman
03-18-2010, 12:35 AM
I joined the BBB about 6 months ago because i was told a small % of people shop for a contractor on the BBB website.

so far ZERO calls.

i wont be renewing in 6 months thats for sure...im planning on taking their logo off my next business cards in preparation....

anyone a member of the BBB and get jobs from it>?

No, I don't get jobs "from" it.

I *do* know that it does make a difference, though. It's just something I do that many of my competitors don't - it makes people feel better about dealing with me (because many times, all I am is text in an e-mail.)

I feel it helps set a business apart. There are some forms of marketing that you won't be able to directly trace a sale to.

Blessed
03-18-2010, 12:44 AM
as a consumer, I go for the guy who belongs to the BBB - when I'm looking at random names in a phone book or as a result of a web search and I need a service guy to come out and fix something. - And as an aside, from what I've seen about what you say who it is that buys from you on the consumer/home-owner part of your business - if we lived in your area - I would be part of your target market.

I think like Dan said, you probably won't be able to trace any direct business from your membership - but it's still a good thing, something you should consider keeping even though you can't trace any tangible value from having it.

Steve B
03-20-2010, 03:59 PM
I would have never dreamed you would have ever gotten a call from the BBB website. It's all about giving the impression that you're more legitimate than the other guy.

Of course, if the average person knew the BBB is strictly a for-profit business that has nothing to do with any government agency - they probably wouldn't put much credibility in the BBB anyway, but most people don't really understand that about them. As long as there are a couple customers a year that think it's a positive thing - then you might as well stay with them.

Paper Shredder Clay
03-29-2010, 11:39 AM
I do admit, I try to check out BBB accounts on businesses. Especially if it has to do with home contract work.