PDA

View Full Version : Another business milestone...

Patrysha
04-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Though 2010 got off to a rough start, things are really starting to heat up and I am steadily progressing towards my goals.

Last night, I sent off a proposal to a potential client that I am really excited about. If they accept the proposal as laid out, I will have an amazing project to really do some amazing things with.

I was shaking like a leaf as I hit send last night...

Even if it doesn't turn out, I know that I have made a solid step in the right direction for getting to all those lofty goals I started setting back in November.

Here's hoping.

And if you hear a primal screen and a whole lot of stomping coming from a northerly direction sometime in the next day or so...pay no mind...it's just me doing the ultimate happy dance of the decade.

Spider
04-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Good luck, Patrysha!

Blessed
04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Congratulations Patrysha! Let us know how it turns out!

vangogh
04-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Good luck Patrysha. We'll be waiting for the happy dance. I assume you'll be recording it and posting it to YouTube or similar :)

Patrysha
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Van Gogh...You know depending on when the news come in, I just might grab a child and force them to hold the Flip and let the world in on our insane happy dance :-)

Still waiting...

I am the world's most impatient person...at least it feels like it. Yesterday I kept busy by writing guest blog posts and tapping out one of three proposals that I want to get out this week and started the scripting for this week's coffee time videos. Today, I have two local appointments (one to the spa so I can get to recording those videos tomorrow) and work to do on Press Release Product that I'm working on...

Hopefully that will keep me busy enough to not think that I have a freaking proposal out with a television production company...

Keep working so I don't dwell...keep working so I can pretend I don't need it...working is not really working, but I'm trying to delude myself into thinking it's helping...

vangogh
04-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Now I really want to see video of the happy dance.

Yep keep busy. Your thinking or not thinking about what might happen isn't going to change anything. Work at the things you have control over.

Patrysha
04-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Well I better get my dancing shoes ready just in case, we have another phone call scheduled for tomorrow afternoon...

This finger crossing is going to give me cramps...

Patrysha
05-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Well...they didn't go for the whole package, but they are now a client :-)

I am just waiting on the deposit to get started....

Those of you who follow me on Twitter and Facebook will already know this, but the client is Interactive Entertainment. They are television producers and the first product out of the gates is a show for gamers that is currently on Halogen and being shopped to other distributors :-)

Business Attorney
05-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Congrats, Patrysha. It sounds like a happy dance is still in order.

Spider
05-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Super job! Will we see your name in the credits after the show?

Patrysha
05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Super job! Will we see your name in the credits after the show?

Nope! I am strictly an under the radar, in the background type on these sorts of projects.

Patrysha
05-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Congrats, Patrysha. It sounds like a happy dance is still in order.

Thanks! Yes, there was a happy dance but it was more of a mediocre two-step than a bring the walls down dance...

vangogh
05-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Congrats Patrysha. Sounds like things went well even if they didn't go for the whole package. I'll be waiting on the video of the happy dance :)

KristineS
05-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Congrats Patrysha. It may not have been everything you wanted, but it is a foot in the door and that's a good thing.

Patrysha
05-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Exactly Kristine.

I am still thrilled...for two reasons...just not the happy gonna get a new pair of shoes dance. (Though I did still buy a new pair of shoots...cute black boots from the thrift store)

First, because of details of the account that I can't really supply over an open forum make me sure that this is just the beginning of a beautiful relationship

Second, because it's my first verifiable client through facebook...where I can honestly say that if I didn't have a profile on there and I wasn't connected to this one mutual contact...we would have not connected.