PDA

View Full Version : New Phone

billbenson
05-01-2010, 11:41 PM
I work in front of a computer with a phone all day. Basically trapped to a desk. So I still have a landline (VoIP from my cable company). On a good day, I receive about 35 calls and probably make the same. I'm attached to a phone although there can be a lot of time I'm not on the phone. When I'm on the phone, I'm also typing on my PC for quotes, product information etc. So I like having two hands free.

So I bought one of the phones pictured below. I'd been thinking about it for over a year and just decided to do it. I've had it for a few work days now and its one of those "I'd never go back" things. Remember how I work though.

Plantronics is a commercial product for the most part. The ear / mic is comfortable and the sound quality is great, which I've had complaints about on my cheap phone with a headset.

$250 is a chunk for a telephone, but if anybody here uses a telephone like I do it's really nice and I recommend it.

http://www.plantronics.com/images/catalog/product_large/calistopro.gif

Harold Mansfield
05-02-2010, 11:05 AM
I've been looking at headsets for land lines for a while. never saw the set before, looks nice.
Did you order it online ?

billbenson
05-03-2010, 02:10 AM
I bought it from staples because at the price I wanted to be able to return it locally. I just did a search and it's available for $220 plus shipping. So I paid a $20 to $30 premium for buying it in the store.

The reason you don't see it is probably because its really a commercial product. Only people that spend a lot of time on a landline could justify it. AT+T had one as well, but I bought on the Plantronics brand as much as anything. BTW it's a Plantronics Calisto Pro .

I spent 4 hours on the phone with Dell today. Made it worth it right there.

vangogh
05-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I do own Plantronics headphones and will recommend them. I don't have that specific phone of course, but I only have good things to say about Plantronics based on the one set of headphones I own.