PDA

View Full Version : In search of printer/scanner

Steve B
05-18-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm getting tired of rebooting my computer because of it getting hung up during a scan. It's an HP and they don't seem to be able/willing to send me a new driver. I think they changed the program from HP Image Zone to something else.

Anyway, I'm ready for a new one. I scan 4 to 6 documents a day. I sometimes print 30+ pages at a time (I'm probably ready for a Lasor versus the inkjet that I now have - HP all in one psc 1350).

I need it to print (B&W and color)
Speed of printing is not very important.
Need it to scan
Need it to copy
I do a few things on legal size - a couple sheets a week.
Don't care if it faxes since I can scan.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Spider
05-18-2010, 07:34 PM
I have an HP 1210 All-in-one printer running with my HP Pavilion zd7000 laptop. They work perfectly together (as I think they should, being from the same manufacturer!)

billbenson
05-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I bought the HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi All-in-One . I saw it the other day for $399 at Staples. The print quality is really good although they say the best color printing is in the top of the line inkjets over laser unless you buy a truly commercial color laserjet. I'd recommend it if you need a color all in one. I'd also really recommend a laser. fewer plastic moving parts, inks cheaper etc.

If you are having problems with your computer freezing while printing, it sounds like a memory issue, either in the printer or in your PC.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/LaserJet/1/storefronts/CC431A%2523ABA (http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/printer/LaserJet/1/storefronts/CC431A%2523ABA)

Steve B
05-18-2010, 10:22 PM
It's freezing while scanning. I had just doubled the ram a few months ago. It used to work fine before and after doubling the Ram. I'm guessing a re-install of the software might fix it, but it's no longer available.

That printer you have sounds like a good model and price point. Will it scan a 14" paper? My current one will not and it recently became an issue.

billbenson
05-18-2010, 10:52 PM
according to the specs, you can scan legal size from the document feeder, but the flatbed is only 8 1/2 x 11. I don't have it set up for scanning on this pc and I don't want to reboot to install the software right now (to much stuff open) otherwise I'd give it a try.

If you can find it locally you could try it and return it if you didn't like it.