PDA

View Full Version : National Small Business Week

vangogh
05-20-2010, 09:35 PM
I just found out that starting Sunday it's National Small Business Week (http://www.nationalsmallbusinessweek.com/). Can't say I even knew there was such a thing, but apparently there is.

Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has proclaimed National Small Business Week to recognize the contributions of small businesses to the economic well-being of America.

I'm guessing we'll all be celebrating by working as usual. :)

Even if we are working, I think we all deserve a pat on the back. I'm sure you'll agree that starting and running a small business is not an easy thing.

I'm not sure how much there is to discuss about this, but I figured it was worth letting everyone know and to say we all deserve a round of applause. Now if only we could get a nice tax break or interest free loan as part of the week. :)

Patrysha
05-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Ours is in October.

I've always wished these smaller events would get more attention. When I was a Childcare Provider there was a day set aside for that, but not many people outside of the industry knew it existed and many inside had no clue it did either...

Blessed
05-20-2010, 11:51 PM
thanks for the heads-up Steve, I know at least one way around here to give it some media attention :)

vangogh
05-21-2010, 12:52 AM
I had never heard of this before. Just happened across it while going through all my feeds. It looks like you can watch the event online if you sign up for the webcast.

KristineS
05-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Never heard of this before. I'm not a fan of the whole "day" or "week" thing. I'm never really sure what they're for. I guess if it gets small business owners some recognition it might be a good thing.

Business Attorney
05-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, don't forget that the week of May 23 to May 29 is also National Safe Boating Week and National Hurricane Preparedness Week (hopefully so that people know its not safe to boat during a hurricane).

And I completely missed the celebrations last week of Emergency Medical Services Week and World Trade Week. Where was I?

vangogh
05-21-2010, 08:39 PM
With all these national weeks should we have a party. I guess there's something to celebrate every day of the year. Who's up for a bbq?

Blessed
05-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I'll bring sweet tea and potato salad :D

dynocat
05-22-2010, 12:34 AM
I'll bring sweet tea and potato salad :D
Sounds great! Count me in no matter what day it is! :D

vangogh
05-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I'll bring steaks for anyone who wants.

Patrysha
05-23-2010, 01:41 AM
I shall bring the legendary cheesecake that I work for...

KristineS
05-24-2010, 12:42 PM
I'll bring my famous chocolate chunk brownies. I'm making some for a BBQ this weekend anyway, so what's a few more?