PDA

View Full Version : networking education

huggytree
06-07-2010, 07:30 PM
i am in charge of this weeks business education at one of my local networking groups.

does anyone know of a resource to find a few paragraphs to talk about? it can be about sales or keeping customers happy

Spider
06-07-2010, 08:30 PM
There's a heap of good stuff right here in this forum.

Patrysha
06-07-2010, 08:41 PM
What format are you delivering it in (talk/print)? What types of businesses are involved? That's a huge area to just give out blind recommendations on...

Steve B
06-08-2010, 07:41 AM
I agree with Spider - maybe you could pick an interesting thread from the forum and discuss. Maybe talk about targeting neighborhoods based on political affiliations :)

vangogh
06-08-2010, 11:23 AM
I'll agree. If you're looking for a topic I would grab a couple of threads from here and pick one or two to talk about.

If you have a topic in mind I would think it wouldn't be too hard to find further information in general searching, though odds are we've talked about the topic here and have plenty for you.

Harold Mansfield
06-08-2010, 12:35 PM
I would also go to You Tube. I have gotten so much information from videos that were taken at conferences, conventions, and meetups that it's not even funny. So many of them go unnoticed, have no views or comments, but are really informative.

Search for the American Express Open forum, I concentrated mostly on the Social Networking and blogging speakers, but I'll bet there are plenty on Networking and everything else about business.

huggytree
06-08-2010, 04:43 PM
i think im going to just talk about how i run my own business.

how i find and screen customers..i can talk for 10 minutes on that easy

its an informal meeting of 20 small business guys who meet every week...alot like BNI...i can talk about anything i want.

i always like to hear how other small business guys run their business and find customers..i always learn something